Number of Big Ten Wins -- post pre-season edition

Number of pre-tournament conference wins for the Gophers this year?

• 14 to 15 wins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 to 5 wins

• 2 to 3 wins

• 0 to 1 win

• I don't care

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

golfing18now

Reaction score
Now that we have seen the majority of the non-conference games, I'm curious about the extent to which expectations have changed leading up to the conference slate of games. A similar poll at the start of November averaged 7.8 conference wins with 85 voters. How about now?

How many conference wins (pre-tournament) will the Gophers have this year?

I said 7-11 and will stick with that.

Ceiling is slightly higher now because of MSU's early struggles (we get Sparty twice early), but I still think 4-5 (or better) at the turn would put the Gophers in great shape to make a 2nd half of B1G season run.

I see 9-9 with a chance at 10-8. A couple of balls bouncing in the right direction and we end up 22-9 overall.

8-9 because I think we have some injuries or other events that keep us from having a full roster/rotation for the entirety of conference play. I think we have the talent to get to 10 or 11 though.

Sticking to my original optimistic prediction of 10-8. Let's go!

I said 8-10 before the year and nothing I've seen so far has changed my mind so I'll stick with that.

I think 10 to 12 wins in the B1G should be the goal next year.

After watching some of the other B1G teams play so far this year....I am going with an optimistic 10.

11 and a solid NCAA Tournament team. Beat Michigan St, Ohio St, Wisconsin, Maryland, Iowa, Michigan, Penn St, and Nebraska at home and Northwestern, Penn St. and Rutgers on the road.

Can't decide between 7-11 and 8-10. If we can get to 4-5 at the turn 9 or even 10 B1G wins is plausible, but I think we will struggle early in conference play due to a tough early B1G schedule and a nonconf schedule that probably hasn't prepared us for the rigors of B1G play.

I went with 10-11, as I've seen the Big Ten is down overall, so we should sneak through a few more games that I assumed were losses earlier.

I think 7-11 which is still a nice improvement.

Only 1 game against Iowa/Rutgers/Nebraska each is the reason I didn't go with the next tier

I see 10-12 assuming no injury problems. This team is dangerously athletic in a possible down year in the Big 10. I see no run of losses that can happen with so many on this team who can score and pick each other up.

6-12. I really don't have a good feel for this team. One road game and we lost it and only one neutral site game. Not sure how we will play on the road.
I don't think our non-conference schedule helped us much

I'm going to say 6-7 wins. Their inability to consistently outrebound inferior opponents and their poor
Free throw shooting doesn't bode well for B1G play. I'm also afraid that Lynch won't dominate offensively when they'll be forced to go inside. Here's to hoping I'm wrong.

I'm going to say 10 wins. I like that MSU is on the schedule early in the conference year. I think there is a nice shot this squad can reach 22 wins this season

This kool-aid is tasting so good after all this football drama. I'm upping mine to 11. Go Gophers!

We go undefeated in the Big Ten, win the Big Ten Tournament and then lose in the first round as a 2 seed.

We still have no idea how the kids will respond on the road in a hostile environment. We also don't know how they will take the physical pounding of the B1G. I will be happy if we get 8 wins for the season.

I am going with 10 because of these factors!
1. Better ball handling less turnovers this year
2. Way better rebounding
3. Better FT shooting
4. More depth when in foul trouble
5. Coffey
6. Freshman should get better
7. Multi scorers shouldn't have long long dry spells vs other years
8. Mcbrayer big jump from a season ago
9. Springs off the bench
I love the balance of this team!

Only one down fall we play the 3 worst teams in conference only once.

6-7 wins. A brutal first half schedule will put them in a hole. Absent a scandal, Pitino keeps his job because he's building talent and it looks bad if Coyle fires the two rev coaches in a six month period.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had 10-11 before the season started and I'm sticking to 10-11.

8 B1G Conference Wins

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Tally is in....

Before the season, the average number of wins on a similar poll was 7.8 wins on average.

The poll taken after most of the non-conference games had concluded was 9.3 wins on average.

NOTE: I did not remove the outliers from either poll.

ESPN recently predicted the Gophers 9th in conference after predicting 13th before the season. Expectations have clearly been raised somewhat. It starts tonight!

Looks like most were predicting 8-10 wins. Both of which could still be true.

Looks like most were predicting 8-10 wins. Both of which could still be true.

Looking at some of the comments a lot of people had a decent read on how the team was going to do this season.

It's nice to have a team actually perform up to expectations. They're starting to win those games that every other Minnesota (not just Gopher) teams tend to lose.

Top Bottom