No more BTN+ this year.

Tully55

Reaction score
A couple of ESPN2 and ESPNU, but no more of the children's hour productions.

Thank God. Subscription successfully cancelled.

The analyst today was beyond bad. Got so cringeworthy that I just felt bad for him

I thought the announcers on Wednesday's game were better than the student crew that was doing the Northern Illinois game. (although the guy who compared McBrayer to Little Dre Mathieu had me scratching my head....)

I thought the announcers on Wednesday's game were better than the student crew that was doing the Northern Illinois game. (although the guy who compared McBrayer to Little Dre Mathieu had me scratching my head....)

I nearly fell asleep during the NI game.

I know the broadcasters on BTN Plus are students and they deserve some leeway, but doesn't anyone advise them? I watched the LIU game on BTN Plus and it took them until the second half to mention why Amir Coffey wasn't playing. I can understand if they don't have this info before tip-off as it was apparently a last-minute decision, but they had a sideline reporter. Couldn't she get this info? I also watched the women's game on BTN Plus yesterday and they kept flashing the DEFENSE graphic or replays while Belmont had the ball and the viewer never got to see the possession, including some crucial times during the game. I actually like the concept of letting the students do some of the games, as long as they are getting some feedback on their performances. I wish BTN would monitor this closer and provide critiques to these student announcers. Maybe they could get some announcers out of this pool after they graduate.

I'm assuming the reason BTN does not use the alt channels (on DirecTv 610.1, 601.2, etc...) is simply for money via Plus subscribers? Pretty pathetic. With those alt channels, they could be showing every Big Ten game that is played.

I don't know how these kids get picked to announce the game, but there have to be some students that have the combo of some game knowledge and the ability to think on their feet and string a logical thought together. These guys are a horrible combo of little BB knowledge and terrible talkers.

Top Bottom