Michigan's Boogie Brozoski to Transfer

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score
http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/121316aad.html

Last year's all B1G Name Team honoree, Boogie Brozoski is transferring from Michigan.

University of Michigan women's basketball head coach Kim Barnes Arico announced on Tuesday (Dec. 13) that sophomore guard Boogie Brozoski has been granted her release from the women's basketball program and intends to transfer to another school.

"We appreciate everything that Boogie brought to our program, both on and off the court," Barnes Arico said. "We wish her all the best in the future."

http://www.timesledger.com/stories/2017/5/boggiehofstratransfer_2017_02_03_q.html

A follow-up on Boogie's transfer to Hofstra:

The former LuHi averaged 5.6 points per game in just 14.1 minutes per contest in nine games with the Wolverines this past fall, but said that playing time wasn’t the reason for her departure from Ann Arbor.

“I just wasn’t happy there,” Brozoski said. “There were things being said that were being done within the program that I didn’t agree with and I wasn’t satisfied with, so I spoke about it with my parents, got advice from other people and I came to the conclusion that I’d transfer out of Michigan.”

Brozoski decided to transfer from Michigan towards the end of November and was granted her release Dec. 13.

The sophomore has been on Hofstra coach Krista Kilburn-Stevesky’s radar since she was in the eighth grade after hearing stories about her game from LuHi coach Rich Slater. Brozoski dazzled at a showcase in Washington, D.C. and Kilburn-Stevesky began to lay the groundwork. The Pride coach attended high school and AAU games with regularity, building a relationship with Brozoski’s parents and even conducted a home visit.

Brozoski chose Michigan over James Madison and Hofstra out of high school.

Doesn't Michigan have a freshman guard that has been catching fire?

Top Bottom