It is time to move on from last year..

mizzougopher

Reaction score
I think at this point in the season it is time to move on from last year. Hopefully everyone realizes this team is much better and has a much different roster. We can't keep going back to last years team to justify how this team performs in a certain game. It is a completely different roster with 4 of the top 7 players being new and the other three guys having improved/have experience. Also guys like BK and Gilbert are much improved because they are being put in a much better role to succeed. I think it is time that we focus on what we do well this year and what we can improve on. Instead of justifying "how we play" or "a win" based on the fact of "We would have not won that game last year". I think it is self explanatory by now we will win many games we did not win last year.

We would not have had this thread last year.

Don't think anyone is having trouble moving on from last year. Just down a bottle of Jamison and you'll forget all about it. As for this team, different roster, yes, but still a young roster without a lot of experience, only senior of consequence is Akeem. Last year they were over matched, but this years's team is still going to take it's lumps. I mean look around Texas lost to UT Arlington, FAU beat Ohio State, Indiana lost to the black rangers zhord from Power Rangers, Rutgers won a road game, Iowa lost to Omaha and I am sure there are a bunch of other examples I could pull up. Our boys are going to take their lumps at times, but the key is is in those instances they are finding ways to win. Big picture I agree we will win way more games this season, enjoy the journey because being a gopher fan is never boring

Don't think anyone is having trouble moving on from last year. Just down a bottle of Jamison and you'll forget all about it. As for this team, different roster, yes, but still a young roster without a lot of experience, only senior of consequence is Akeem. Last year they were over matched, but this years's team is still going to take it's lumps. I mean look around Texas lost to UT Arlington, FAU beat Ohio State, Indiana lost to the black rangers zhord from Power Rangers, Rutgers won a road game, Iowa lost to Omaha and I am sure there are a bunch of other examples I could pull up. Our boys are going to take their lumps at times, but the key is is in those instances they are finding ways to win. Big picture I agree we will win way more games this season, enjoy the journey because being a gopher fan is never boring
This ^^^^^^

Being a Gopher fan means you ride the roller-coaster.

The on-court product has stabilized, and there's reason for optimism from this point forward. The one outcome from last season that we still have to deal with, though, is the drop in attendance and ticket sales. That reality doesn't change no matter how hard we try to "move on." Unfortunately many of our fellow fans have moved on too much. As we were leaving the game, our season ticket group was talking about the sparse crowd and the shocking season ticket decline that we've seen reported in the paper. We all agreed that it's not a laughing matter and not something that can be ignored.

I think at this point in the season it is time to move on from last year. Hopefully everyone realizes this team is much better and has a much different roster. We can't keep going back to last years team to justify how this team performs in a certain game. It is a completely different roster with 4 of the top 7 players being new and the other three guys having improved/have experience. Also guys like BK and Gilbert are much improved because they are being put in a much better role to succeed. I think it is time that we focus on what we do well this year and what we can improve on. Instead of justifying "how we play" or "a win" based on the fact of "We would have not won that game last year". I think it is self explanatory by now we will win many games we did not win last year.

Woah, I like your name!

No it isn't. When your team wins eight games and is as God-awful as they were, that doesn't just get forgotten. How last year turned out has a huge impact on how this team is viewed. Like it or not, we compare teams over the years and last year set the bar for this team. If last year's team would've been decent - 15-20 wins - the expectations for this team would be much different.

Yeah constantly bringing up last season is going to get old, but nobody is going to forget how bad last year was.

I hope the players don't forget last year. The ones that were here should remember how bad that year was and make sure they don't take any nights off. That should serve as motivation. If it does, I'm fine with last year still being part of how this team is identifies itself.

Top Bottom