***OFFICIAL NJIT AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
The Gophers welcome NJIT, a program most attendees have probably never heard of, but these guys have some talent. This is not a "gimmie" but I do hope its a game that will allow Gilbert, Hurt and "gasp" Gaston some run. We have three games in the next six days, so we'll need to rely on our bench. Would love to see us put these guys away early and not let them hang around.

GET 'ER DONE PITINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Gophers

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Not a good start

Least commented in game thread I have seen in a while.

Gophs getting outplayed in the paint and losing rebounds. Also very sloppy with numerous turnovers. They need to work the ball around and go inside against this smaller team.

And their crappy free throw shooting continues to amaze me. Nice to see Murphy make 2.

They should be killing NJIT

So many turnovers and unnecessary fouls.

Gophers are not running their offense. Too much individual play and not enough movement and spacing the floor. Here's to hoping Pitino gives them an ear full at half.

Gophers are not running their offense. Too much individual play and not enough movement and spacing the floor. Here's to hoping Pitino gives them an ear full at half.

Agreed. How can they be playing this poorly in their 9th game? And their defense in the paint is ridiculous.

Agreed. How can they be playing this poorly in their 9th game? And their defense in the paint is ridiculous.
Pitino is doing the right thing by picking up full court pressure.

NJIT was down only 3 to #17 Purdue 2 games ago. They are not talentless.

Now let's see Pitino make some adjustments and ease away in the 2nd half.

Purdue only beat these guys by 11 this year. The NJIT coach said: ''I told our guys from the beginning that we had to fight, fight and keep fighting, which is what NJIT basketball is all about. We may not get the top recruits in the country, but we are going to compete and fight as hard as we can.''

Florida Atlantic beating Ohio State late

NJIT with 4 senior starters and very athletic. Really not a big talent discrepancy in this game. Not a big surprise thus far. Need to clamp down on D, get Lynch and Mason more involved.

Ugly so far. The inability to make a lay-up has returned.

My BTN feed sucks, no sound half the time and the screen freezes

We'll make a run soon. No worries.

Losing this would undo most of good that's been done so far. Time to step up.

Top Bottom