The key is not to let 1 loss turn into 2 loses - Saturday is big!

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Tonight was a missed opportunity for a solid road win. Sloppy game all around. The key now is to not let the sluggish Southern Illinois game and tonight's sloppy game turn into a pattern. I'm sticking with Hodger's statement a few weeks back that if we win 3/4 versus the major conference non-conference games, then we've got something to really build on. We still have a shot at that and we should expect a much crisper performance on Saturday.

Go Gophers!!

What he said!!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Absolutely. Saturday is an important game for this program. I watched a little of Vanderbilt over the holidays and was not impressed. They have a big, slow center that they like to get touches (Kornett?) and he's pretty slow with the ball. I think the Gophers guards should be able to dig in and get some strips to start the transition game. Need most guys to bounce back, but especially McBrayer and Murphy. I did like the fight and the execution the Gophers showed in garbage time against FSU, last year the last 5 min would have looked very different...hopefully that's a good sign going forward.

They finished well scoring wise in the loss. While that doesn't feel like a win it is encouraging. The Gophers went the first 10 minutes of the second with just 11 points, and then 23 the rest of the way. Granted the end was never much in doubt, however that is a fast scoring pace which we have seen in nearly every game this year.

Make your ft's guys. That alone would have maintained a close game all the way.

It felt like they panicked after falling behind in the second. They were really rushing, forcing shots that weren't there. Hopefully moving forward they can keep their head in the game and stick to their system.

28 fouls
17 turnovers
61% free throw shooting

Ouch. Let's not repeat that again...

This game was awful to watch. The refs blew the whistle so much, against both teams, there was never any flow. It just seemed like the game never got going.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom