STrib: Five reasons the Gophers basketball team is 5-0

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

On Friday night against Southern Illinois at Williams Arena, Minnesota hopes to open the season 6-0 for the first time since 2011. Pitino could have his best team in four seasons with the Gophers. Here are five reasons why:

Newcomers’ impact

Mason and McBrayer

Winning defense

Size and athleticism

Chemistry

http://www.startribune.com/five-reasons-the-gophers-basketball-team-is-5-0/402934866/

Go Gophers!!

The talent level is much greater than last year, pure and simple. The players who left after last year have been replaced by better players.

The biggest difference to me is we have a primary scorer on this team (Coffey). Last year that position was missing. The rest of the role players around him were there, but no one to shoulder the load in the big games. You always need that guy and prefer to have two in case one has a bad game...

The biggest difference to me is we have a primary scorer on this team (Coffey). Last year that position was missing. The rest of the role players around him were there, but no one to shoulder the load in the big games. You always need that guy and prefer to have two in case one has a bad game...

That's going to need to be someone else in the B1G 10 I fear. Amir is just too slight this year. I hope I'm wrong, but I think Murphy and Mason are more apt to be go-to scorers in the B1G than Amir.

I think the biggest change is there are more than 1 guy on the court that wants to take a shot. Remember how many shot clocks we passed our way through last year? I don't think we will see that again... Dupree, and Nate definately want the ball at the end of the shot clock, both posts are confident in shooting and Amir may continue to develop into the go to scorer you're refering to.

Top Bottom