ESPN: Michigan State coach Tom Izzo apologizes to team for tough schedule

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

Michigan State Spartans coach Tom Izzo said he did a terrible job putting together his schedule, leaving his team little time to practice and develop, following its 73-58 loss to the No. 20 Baylor Bears in the Battle 4 Atlantis on Thursday.

The No. 24 Spartans (3-3) had already lost to Arizona in Hawaii and Kentucky in New York before Thursday's loss, and they travel to Duke next week in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge.

"I actually apologized to my team,'' he said. "And yet, I've always played a tough schedule. ... You know what? You can take it as an excuse, you can take it as the truth, I don't give a damn. I'm telling you what I did. This ain't on them. It's on me."

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...e-coach-tom-izzo-apologizes-spartans-schedule

Go Gophers!!

He does this every year, and it always works out in the end. Why is he sorry this year?

He does this every year, and it always works out in the end. Why is he sorry this year?

I think part of it wasn't just that they're playing good teams, but that they're traveling a lot. Six of their first eight games are away from home.

Whatever. 3 months from now they won't even remember the brutal stretch they started with

It might also have to do with how young his team is this year. Normally they are more experienced. Playing a softer schedule would give the Freshman more time to gel.

Why would he? It was an official's error, not the clock operator.
. Your comment prompted me to look the rules up. Under Rule 5 Scoring and Timing Regulations, Section 12: When an obvious timing mistake occurs because of the failure to start or stop the game properly, the mistake shall be corrected by the referee.

You are correct, it wasn't home court or Izzo advantage. Now I am wondering why didn't the referees do anything?

imma trust izzo to do what he thinks is right the guy has obviously earned it. that being said, im sure the spartans will be just fine come march

Top Bottom