Arkansas set for first road test

BamBam

status unknown
Reaction score
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/arkansas-set-for-first-road-test/

• Arkansas has outscored all three of its opponents in fast break points and holds a commanding 51-10 edge in the transition game.

• Moses Kingsley is tied for second in the country with 16 total blocks. He has more blocks than 279 of the 351 Division I college basketball teams in the nation.

• Anton Beard ranks 11th in the SEC in assists per game at 3.7, but has fewer minutes played than 29 of the top 30 assist leaders in the league. He also leads the SEC in assist/turnover ratio at 11.0.

• Arkansas opened the season with consecutive 90-plus point games for the first time in 20 years and just the sixth time in program history.

• In the five previous times Arkansas scored 90-plus points in the first two games, the Razorbacks won an NCAA Tournament game each season, advanced to the Elite 8 three times, lost in the 1990 Final Four and won the 1994 National Championship.

THE ART OF ORGANIZED CHAOS

During the Mike Anderson era over the last five years, Arkansas is tied for fifth in the country and leads the nation among high major programs in forcing the opponent to 25-plus turnovers in a game.
It’s happened nine times and the Razorbacks are 9-0 in those contests. During the same span, Arkansasis 26-2 when forcing 20 turnovers in a game.

They got by Texas - Arlington, 71-67, at home. Since we also played UT-Arlington at home, we may be able to compare how we might fare against Arkansas.

They got by Texas - Arlington, 71-67, at home. Since we also played UT-Arlington at home, we may be able to compare how we might fare against Arkansas.

By that same measure we should be able to beat MSU. FGCU beat UTA and we beat UTA by more. FGCU lost at MSU by 1 so we should beat MSU at MSU?

By that same measure we should be able to beat MSU. FGCU beat UTA and we beat UTA by more. FGCU lost at MSU by 1 so we should beat MSU at MSU?
Nope. We haven't played FGCU so we can't compare data. Care to try again?

i think that means we'd just have more seconds at the end of the game that get run off prematurely for MSU to win

The Big Ten Network dropped the ball for this matchup. They passed on this game for Stony Brook @ Maryland and Indiana vs. IPFW. :confused:

The Big Ten Network dropped the ball for this matchup. They passed on this game for Stony Brook @ Maryland and Indiana vs. IPFW. :confused:

I was thinking the same thing. I wonder why they didn't grab this one or the Vandy game? We could have been the 8 PM game on 12/3 as there isn't one scheduled.

Looking forward to this one. Typically under Anderson we play like one of the best teams in the country at home and one of the worst on the road. Both teams like going as fast as possible so it should be an exciting game to watch.

I was thinking the same thing. I wonder why they didn't grab this one or the Vandy game? We could have been the 8 PM game on 12/3 as there isn't one scheduled.

I could be wrong, but I think BTN can only broadcast games at Big Ten arenas, so not sure they could do the Vandy game.

Game opened as a PK and moved quickly to MN -2.5. Should be a good one!

Arkansas hasn't taken many shots in general but their conversion is off the charts. I think they cannot sustain this kind of production. Let's hope it chills out tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom