Former Gophers: Rangie Bessard at Wichita State

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score
http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/wichita-state/article110442412.html

Wichita State’s Rangie Bessard scores in the lane and is working on her three-point shot. Where she can really pile up points is at the foul line, where she made 79.8 percent of her attempts last season.

As officials limit how physically defenses can play, scorers can profit by driving and scoring or drawing fouls. Bessard, last season’s Missouri Valley Conference Newcomer of the Year, made 87 of 109 foul shots. While that’s a good rate drawing fouls, her attempts ranked 10th among the Valley’s top 10 scorers last season...

...Bessard sat out summer workouts due to a foot injury. She is practicing without limits this fall, although coaches monitor her workload. In the spring and summer, she watched film to work on footwork and shooting form.

“It was tough sitting out,” she said. “But I think I’m adjusting very well to it, especially getting the touches in our offense. I just make sure I stay fresh and ready to go for the season.”

Wichita State played UCONN for the first time in American play today. Bessard had nearly half the Shockers points scoring 20 (no one else in double digits) in a 124-43 loss.

She's averaging a team high 18.9 PPG and 7.8 RPG.

Top Bottom