WBB: Marcus Fuller: Stollings Talks Recruitment and the future.

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score
http://www.twincities.com/2016/03/2...ruiting-and-the-future-of-gophers-basketball/

Yes, the Gophers may add some players. And this is a good interview.

Q: How good is the 2016 recruiting class of Gadiva Hubbard, Taiye Bello, Kehinde Bello and Jasmine Brunson?

A: First and foremost, we’re not finished with that class. We might sign some folks late. The young ladies coming in you’re going to see more speed, quickness, athleticism and basketball instinct, which is really going to help us defensively. The quickness and speed factor is where it’s really going to be highlighted. At the 1, 2 and 3 positions, you’re going to put (sophomore) Carlie Wagner in that mix and I think you’re going to see a little different looking Carlie in a positive way. She’s going to have more talent around her at the guard position to do different types of things. All the pressure won’t be on Carlie. She’s going to be able to score in transition, I think, at a much higher rate she has done in her first two years. We’re going to be able to create more of our offense from our defense, which we haven’t been able to do

If we're projecting about next year, they should refer to Wagner as a junior (they grow up so fast). I was disappointed in the transition game. They didn't make use of Wagner's speed nearly enough. It was mostly the Banham showcase almost every trip down the floor.

Sounds like it will most likely be Bell at the PG. She's had the advantage of practicing with the team all year. Haven't had a quick PG in a while. Should be interesting.

There are some really exciting players coming up, and we’ll pursue that heavily.

Hopefully she was referring to Carr. She's a must-have in-state prospect.

Agree....Banham was more nifty than quick. She was great at using her body to protect the ball. Also very strong. She could bench 200#

Agree....Banham was more nifty than quick. She was great at using her body to protect the ball. Also very strong. She could bench 200#

I had Mullaney in mind when I posted, but Banham was about the same speed.

Brunson is interesting. Plays in those tough New York Summer Leagues . My guess is she'll bring the speed Stollings is looking for.

Top Bottom