WBB: StarTrib: In Post Banham Era Stollings Seeks Scoring Balance

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score
http://www.startribune.com/stollings-seeking-balance-next-season/373516911/

"We wanted to play to Rachel’s strengths. … She was the centerpiece of our success. [Next season] we’ll have more pieces to work with and see more team involvement rather than highlighting one player.

“We’ve played some exciting offensive basketball, but I think what you’re going to see next year is going to start looking more to the form and shape what we ultimately want to be.”

The Gophers’ new-look will focus on balanced scoring, inside and out. Stollings is also confident more scoring will be generated from defense, which isn’t something they’ve done well since she took over.

“We were always, obviously, trying to hide some weaknesses defensively,” Stollings said. “What you’ll see defensively coming in is speed, anticipation, the ability to get up and pressure the ball. We want to do more defensively, and we’re going to be able to do that with the pieces coming in"

Yep ...seen film on all the new girls and I can remember Bell from the State Tourney. Greater speed,more quickness. And as my old Pappy use to say you can't teach quickness or height.

Yep ...seen film on all the new girls and I can remember Bell from the State Tourney. Greater speed,more quickness. And as my old Pappy use to say you can't teach quickness or height.

You can teach defense, even with shortcomings, if it's a priority for the coach. Don't think it is, or ever will be, for Stollings. We'll be talking about the same stuff next year. ... Gophers can score, but can't guard a chair.

You can teach defense, even with shortcomings, if it's a priority for the coach. Don't think it is, or ever will be, for Stollings. We'll be talking about the same stuff next year. ... Gophers can score, but can't guard a chair.

SS....let's see what transpires before you play judge, jury, and hangman.

Top Bottom