WBB: MN Daily-Dynamic Scoring Duo Leads Team

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score
http://www.mndaily.com/sports/womens-basketball/2016/01/28/dynamic-scoring-duo-leads-team

Minnesota head coach Marlene Stollings isn’t shy about the fact that redshirt senior guard Rachel Banham and sophomore guard Carlie Wagner are the team’s two keys on offense this season.

“It’s like Carlie and Rachel get their 20 almost every game, and then we just kind of wait and see who else steps up,” Stollings said after the team’s victory against Wisconsin on Saturday. “It’s more often than not a good night for the Gophers.”

Banham and Wagner have each scored at least 20 points in 10 games this season, and as of Jan. 24 they had the second-highest combined scoring average of any two teammates in the nation.

“It’s been great. We’re both scorers,” Banham said. “I think we work off each other. If I’m not hitting, then she goes down and hits a shot. That’s just kind of our mindset, and we know that’s something we need to do for our team to help them win.”

Banham was named to the Big Ten honor roll for the third consecutive week on Monday and leads the Gophers by averaging 24.1 points per game. She has the fourth highest average in the nation just over a year removed from anterior cruciate ligament surgery

Kenisha Bell should put up some big points next year so that should help soften the blow. Still, Wagner will have to take another step forward. Also, losing Banham and Mullaney we'll really hurt in terms of ballhandling. It would be great if they could find a JUCO PG for next year.

Kenisha Bell should put up some big points next year so that should help soften the blow. Still, Wagner will have to take another step forward. Also, losing Banham and Mullaney we'll really hurt in terms of ballhandling. It would be great if they could find a JUCO PG for next year.

They have a couple of freshmen PG's coming in, Gadiva Hubbard and Jasmine Brunson.

Just tuned into Michigan game. What the heck is with the grey uniforms ???? Absolutely ridiculous! Not one of our colors on them. No wonder no one watches. Who makes these decisions ???? Stupid waste of tax dollars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just tuned into Michigan game. What the heck is with the grey uniforms ???? Absolutely ridiculous! Not one of our colors on them. No wonder no one watches. Who makes these decisions ???? Stupid waste of tax dollars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sarcasm I hope???

Top Bottom