WBB: Jasmine Brunson-Gopher Signee Update

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score
http://www.timesledger.com/stories/2016/3/tmlalionshoops_2016_01_15_q.html

Brunson plays for Mary Louis Academy in Queens, NY.

If Saturday afternoon was the first test of whether or not Mary Louis can challenge the elite teams in CHSAA Brooklyn/Queens, the Hilltoppers aced it.

Behind dominant efforts from junior Danielle Patterson and senior Jasmine Brunson, the Mary Louis girls’ basketball team pulled away in the second half for an easy 70-56 win over Bishop Loughlin at Holy Cross.

Patterson poured in 25 points, including 11 from the foul line. Brunson added 20 points of her own as she was able to get to the basket with ease most of the game.,,

Patterson (10 points) and eight from Brunson, who is headed to Minnesota next season, carried Mary Louis (9-2, 2-0) before the break. It could have been more with Patterson getting to the foul line 10 times in the first half, but making just four...

“We have to keep it going,” said Brunson said. “We have to continue to improve each game, each practice, and we’re going to continue to do that.”

http://www.msgvarsity.com/brooklyn-bronx/strong-second-half-pushes-ctk-past-tmla-1.1769286

Video highlights of Mary Louis (Jasmine Brunson's team) last minute loss to Christ the King. Brunson figures prominently in the highlights (number 21 in the blue TMLA jerseys). Brunson highlights include a nice shoulder the defender jumper, an almost three, a put back and a couple of drives.

After Brunson banked in a jumper at the end of the third quarter, Mary Louis (12-4), ranked No. 20 in MSG Varsity's Tri-State Top 20, held a 41-40 lead going into the final period, Brunson finished with a team-high 22 points

http://www.timesledger.com/stories/2016/3/tmlalionshoops_2016_01_15_q.html

Brunson plays for Mary Louis Academy in Queens, NY.

If Saturday afternoon was the first test of whether or not Mary Louis can challenge the elite teams in CHSAA Brooklyn/Queens, the Hilltoppers aced it.

Behind dominant efforts from junior Danielle Patterson and senior Jasmine Brunson, the Mary Louis girls’ basketball team pulled away in the second half for an easy 70-56 win over Bishop Loughlin at Holy Cross.

Patterson poured in 25 points, including 11 from the foul line. Brunson added 20 points of her own as she was able to get to the basket with ease most of the game.,,

Patterson (10 points) and eight from Brunson, who is headed to Minnesota next season, carried Mary Louis (9-2, 2-0) before the break. It could have been more with Patterson getting to the foul line 10 times in the first half, but making just four...

“We have to keep it going,” said Brunson said. “We have to continue to improve each game, each practice, and we’re going to continue to do that.”

Is Jasmine any relation to Rebekkah Brunson of the Lynx?

Question for you guys and gals. Could be a dumb one(many of mine are)

Could part of the appeal to the followers of Gopher WBB be that many, or most, of the players have been from MN?

This year Banham, Bailey, Mullaney, Hedstrom......maybe more.

Even with Lindsey Whalen there three more from MN I think.

Just wondering.

Ooops, forgot Wagner...how the hell did that happen?

My interest is from coaching 2 daughters up to 9th grade. I also think the game is improving every year. Even though the ball is smaller, I think women are better shooters ; especially at the free throw line. They practice the art of shooting where as the men are more concerned with dunking and dipsey
do plays.

http://www.msgvarsity.com/brooklyn-...wers-tmla-over-long-island-lutheran-1.1775489

Brunson scored a game-high 16 points to help Mary Louis Academy, ranked No. 6 in New York City by MSG Varsity, improve to 17-7 overall on the season. Patterson added 14 as the Hilltoppers gained a signature victory over the Crusaders, who came into the contest ranked No. 5 in the MSG Varsity Tri-State Top 20 poll.

The win was also important for the team’s psyche going into next Tuesday’s CHSAA Brooklyn/Queens Division I diocesan quarterfinal matchup as the third seed takes on St. Francis Prep at 6 p.m. at Archbishop Molloy High School.

“It has to be grit. We have confidence in each other and we know we can win these close games,” Brunson said. “We work on it in practice and when we see it in the games, we know what to do. “

http://www.timesledger.com/stories/2016/10/webtmlaroyalssemis-tl-2016-02-26-q.html

Brunson's season ends with a loss to Bishop Loughlin.

Minnesota-bound guard Jasmine Brunson scored a game-high 28 points and Danielle Patterson added 19 and was a force on the boards. But it just wasn’t enough.

The Hilltoppers girls’ basketball team got only seven points combined from the rest of their roster as its season ended with a 62-54 defeat to Loughlin in the CHSAA Brooklyn/Queens semifinals at St. Francis Prep on Feb. 25...

...Brunson, playing in her final high school game, competed with unmatched tenacity as she attempted to will her team to victory. The senior scored 15 points in the first half to pull the Hilltoppers back into the game early, and in the second half she continued to get to the basket with ease.

Down 9-2 right out of the gate and trailing by as many as nine in the first half, the Hilltoppers were able to gain some momentum going into halftime. Midway through the third quarter Brunson gave TMLA its first lead since 2-0 when she connected on a shot to make it 39-37. The game remained tight from there. Mary Louis held a 48-47 lead early in the fourth.

Loughlin responded with a 15-6 run to close out the game and secure the win as Patterson and Brunson just couldn’t do it all for Mary Louis. In the second half the Hilltoppers got just two points from the supporting cast.

My interest is from coaching 2 daughters up to 9th grade. I also think the game is improving every year. Even though the ball is smaller, I think women are better shooters ; especially at the free throw line. They practice the art of shooting where as the men are more concerned with dunking and dipsey
do plays.

I will take Steph Curry and Klay Thompson instead of the two best WNBA shooters any day.

Top Bottom