Marcus Coker's top 3: Wake, Minn and Iowa

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per this update from DeaconSports.com:

Wake Forest plans to bring in a fullback in the class of 2010 and DeMatha Catholic's Marcus Coker is a prime target for the Demon Deacons. DeaconSports spoke with the DeMatha fullback earlier this week for an update on his recruitment.

This summer, Marcus Coker has focused on improving his game and preparing for his senior season. “I have been training all summer,” he said. “I took a visit to Wake Forest and other than that I’ve been training. We’re really focused not on the hype, but being the best we can be. Me personally, I feel like I’m working harder so we’ll see if it pays off.

The 6’, 228 running back/fullback prospect plays running back for powerhouse DeMatha Catholic out of the greater Washington, D.C. area. “I play running back and I’ve played that in high school almost exclusively. I used to do linebacker and I still practice some at linebacker, but will probably just play offense.”

His play at running back has earned him offers from schools across the country. Although Wake Forest is recruiting Coker at fullback, most schools have offered him at running back “I’ve got offers from Wake of course, Minnesota, Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Stanford, Maryland, and Kansas State. I think that’s it.”

With the offers that are on the table, Coker has been able to develop a top three. “My top three are Wake, Minnesota and Iowa,” he said.

“I like Wake a good bit,” he said. “My visit this summer was my first time down there. I liked it. I liked the family atmosphere. It was small but it was still a bigger atmosphere. I met all the coaches and liked them all. [Napoleon Sykes] is recruiting me there.”

As for Minnesota and Iowa, Coker said that he has yet to visit either school. “I haven’t been up to either one,” he said. “I talk to the coaches every week. I’m probably deciding pretty soon but they’re all pretty close right now. I just haven’t really decided if I’m taking a visit before the season, but I’m trying to go to Minnesota and Iowa before the season. I’m not sure I’ll be able to though.”

http://minnesota.scout.com/a.z?s=176&p=2&c=882845

Go Gophers!!

Wake Forest has a beautiful campus with good academics, I can see why someone would like that school. But you're right an interesting threesome left.

Wake Forest has a beautiful campus with good academics, I can see why someone would like that school. But you're right an interesting threesome left.

Agreed but Winston-Salem is hillbilly country. I was there quite a bit for business and its definitely hillbilly central. There is no way I could see myself living there for four years but I'm sure alot of people say the same thing about Minneapolis.

Coker would certainly fill the need for a big back.

You have to wonder how recruits will respond to a game day visit of TCF. It's amazing anyone would even consider Minnesota after visiting the Dome on Gameday.

I say get Coker up here for the Air Force (or Cal) and see how he feels. Just going out on a limb here, but I say Saturday's (starting this fall of course) in Dinkytown/Stadium Village beat anything they've got at Wake.

Game Day Experience is one thing that we fans have some control over. I don't think we'll have to worry, but a lot will stem from the students. I think Penn State's student section is beyond amazing, so that will be a good measuring stick to go by.

Coker is a beast a RB, really in the Brandon Jacobs mold, kinda upright runner, but really talented and bruising. Would definitely be a good piece to the puzzle, I think he would get goal line carries right away. Also, he might allow for Edwards to find a position on D instead of O.

Top Bottom