Concessions

Ole

Reaction score
FYI-I talked with a local restaurant owner last night and he said that his restaurant will have a concessions stand in the new stadium. Very cool that the U is going to have alternative food concessions with local ties, it will most likely be much better quality than the typical hot dogs and nachos from the big concessions companies like in the dome.

There will still be the big concessions company (Aramark) at most of the stands, but this is good to hear that local restaurants will have a presence. Bring on the Burrito Loco!

Ole, are you talking about Panino's? I heard that they are making a special Gopher Panino just for the stadium.

Ole, are you talking about Panino's? I heard that they are making a special Gopher Panino just for the stadium.

yep, and yes they are, also some of their more popular paninos

Bring on the Burrito Loco!

If BLoco had a concessions presence inside the stadium, that's pretty much the only way I could get more excited about the new stadium. I'm sure it won't happen, but it's a beautiful thought.

Get Matt's Bar involved, I would love a Jucy Lucy at the game.

There will still be the big concessions company (Aramark) at most of the stands, but this is good to hear that local restaurants will have a presence. Bring on the Burrito Loco!

I would be amazed if it isn't ARAMARK running the stand. I know ARAMARK and Centerplate very well and the way the stadium agreements usually work is that the vendor controls everything in the stadium but they will use the brand that will get the most sales and pay a royalty on sales to the brand owner. For instance, at Fenway ARAMARK runs a Legal Seafood stand through a franchise agreement. At Coffman Memorial Union ARAMARK runs a Chick-Fil-A, Starbucks, etc because they sell better than if they installed a private label store.

Ah, the Jucy Lucy, the unofficial Minnesota State Hamburger. That would be great, messy, but great.

I'd like to see the Pronto Pup at the stadium. The corn dog on a stick was invented by Pronto Pup in 1941, so it's a Minnesota tradition. Plus, it would not be a messy food.

Panda Express plz - I'm sure the other current students would agree. And if I could have a Jucy Lucy while watching the gophers..... I could die a happy man

Ah, the Jucy Lucy, the unofficial Minnesota State Hamburger. That would be great, messy, but great.

I'd like to see the Pronto Pup at the stadium. The corn dog on a stick was invented by Pronto Pup in 1941, so it's a Minnesota tradition. Plus, it would not be a messy food.

Pronto Pup would be awesome. Something like a pork chop on a stick would be cool too. Ahhhhhhh, I'm having visions of the State Fair now. You can smell that pork chop stand a couple blocks away at the fair.

I'm hoping for the quesadilla stand. Cheese in a tortilla, now that is food made for a sporting event.

Big 10 Subs would be outstanding. Although, you would have to let about 5,000 rabbits loose after the game to pick up all the lettuce.

So what you're saying is...

Big 10 Subs would be outstanding. Although, you would have to let about 5,000 rabbits loose after the game to pick up all the lettuce.

You'd rather clean up rabbit crap instead of lettuce? :D

The Pronto Pup would be a huge seller. At the State Fair, there is a long line at the Pronto Pup stand, but a short line at the generic corn dog stand. And it's very portable, you can carry 4 corn dogs back to your seat in one hand. The Pronto Pup is the soul of Minnesota on a stick.

I think I hear a....

That's only Stage 1. Then you release dung beetles.

"and then the Gorillas will freeze to death in the winter." Principle Skinner, coming on. The more local ties the better as far as I'm concerned. Even though the Pronto Pups are from western Wisconsin...I think we can let that slide. Jucy Lucy's would be fantastic. Any one remember the Old Western Beergarden at the fair? Those cheeseburgers were fantastic, and no worries of some idiot not heeding the hot cheese inside warning.

If BLoco had a concessions presence inside the stadium, that's pretty much the only way I could get more excited about the new stadium. I'm sure it won't happen, but it's a beautiful thought.

I haven't had a decent burrito in close to two years living in Asia. One of my first stops back home will be B-Loco. If I can have one during games I will never come back to Korea.

when next at the fair...

The Pronto Pop HQ is in Oregon, but Minnesota has been involved with Pronto Pups for a long time.

Here's a link to an article: http://www.foodtimeline.org/foodmeats.html#corndogs

Read the T-shirts worn by the workers at their stand. They have been based in Wisconsin for quite awhile. I don't know when, but they have had the the town in wisconsin on them for as long as I can remember, but as I said before, we can let that slide if they install those great machines that cook them perfectly.

The Pronto Pup HQ is in Oregon. I believe the stands are franchises, so the franchise that runs the stands at the State Fair may be based in Wisconsin. Besides, Western Wisconsin is just suburban Minnesota anyway.

Whats the difference?

between a pronto pup and a corn dog?

Corn Dogs are made with corn batter, Pronto Pups are made with flour batter I believe.

and that would explain why pronto pups took off here as opposed to corn dogs. after all minneapolis was the flour/milling capital of the world for a long, long time. gotta support the local industry!

The two other stands that rake in the money at the state fair is the corn roast (this may not be feasible because of the fire and smoke with the roaster) and cheese curds. Cheese curds would be very feasible and would be a huge seller in my opinion.

No way they do cheese curds. The 300 lb Becky fans would bust down the gates (tickets or not) to get at those salty, greasy curds right before they all drop dead from a coronary.

I'm fine with the cheese curds, as long as they use Minnesota cheese.

Top Bottom