Phil Steele says Gophers have 5th hardest schedule

GoAUpher

Section 246
Reaction score
Phil Steele thinks the Gophers have the 5th toughest schedule in the nation. Here's his Top 10:
PHIL STEELE’S 2009 TOUGHEST SCHEDULE:
1 South Carolina
2 Florida St
3 Oklahoma
4 Mississippi St
5 Minnesota
6 Arkansas
7 Georgia
8 Virginia Tech
9 Tennessee
10 Michigan St​

Here's his ranking of the B10 teams:
Gophers: 5th
MSU: 10th
Iowa: 28th
Mich: 29th
IU: 32nd
PU: 33rd
OSU: 39th
Illinois: 42nd
UW: 53rd
PSU: 72nd
NU: 85th

I love Steele, but how does he have PSU having the 33rd toughest schedule? They are playing 8 home games and have a joke of a non conference schedule.

I love Steele, but how does he have PSU having the 33rd toughest schedule? They are playing 8 home games and have a joke of a non conference schedule.
I think you made an honest mistake. Purdue University (PU) has the 33rd toughest schedule. Penn State has the 72nd. I still think that ranking is too high though because their first four games could easily wind up being blowouts.

I think you made an honest mistake. Purdue University (PU) has the 33rd toughest schedule. Penn State has the 72nd. I still think that ranking is too high though because their first four games could easily wind up being blowouts.

Correct. PU is Purdue not Penn St.

Yeah, I was thinking with the schedule this year that one more win this season than last season would still be a nice improvement. (8-5 sounds a whole lot better than 7-6 too!)

Top Bottom