Gopher Roster Posted

Okay, I have to believe both Bostick and Cobbs can't wear 22, so what's Cobbs really gonna wear lol?

Nice, ha ha, either everyone had a growth spurt over the summer, or this is with shoes on.

(Not quite as bad as Kevin Love being listed 6'10" at UCLA, though, when he's actually just over 6'7")

Most colleges - Gophers included - list their player's heights with shoes on.

Just curious, does anybody think this has any indication on whether Bryant Allen is going to play bball? Also, I noticed Dominique Dawson isn't listed either, is he red-shirting?

Nice, ha ha, either everyone had a growth spurt over the summer, or this is with shoes on.

(Not quite as bad as Kevin Love being listed 6'10" at UCLA, though, when he's actually just over 6'7")

Love measured 6'7.75 without shoes. Add shoes and he's 6'9.

Rodney Williams being listed at 6'7 seems kind of crazy though. When I've watched his videos, I wondered if he might be closer to 6'4 than his usually reported 6'5. And 210 lbs.? No way.

To those that have seen Rodney,Royce, and Mbakwe this summer, how accurate are the listed heights?

I think Royce is a legit 6'8"...I haven't stood close enough to Mbakwe to know if he is or not though. Rodney is probably closer to 6'6" without shoes and could very well be 6'7" with shoes on.

i think everyone i know "stretches" the truth about their height. doesnt matter if its on a drivers license or a roster. seems like everyone does it. so i dont see why people get their undies in a bunch over stuff like this.

Just curious, does anybody think this has any indication on whether Bryant Allen is going to play bball? Also, I noticed Dominique Dawson isn't listed either, is he red-shirting?

Dawson (as a 1st year walk-on) cannot be listed on the roster until he enrolls in school.

The others are either on scholarship or have signed LOI to get scholarships.

Allen won't be listed until the end of the football season - when he'll decide, yea or nay.

If I'm not mistaken, we have 13 recruited scholarship players on our roster. When is the last time that happened?

Watched Rodney and Royce guard each other and and Royce didn't look much taller. Obviously he's a lot bigger but there's no way that he's more than 2 inches taller. Rodney is definitely at least 6'5", I'd say he's 6'6" with shoes.

measurements

I believe the 6'6" Jacobsen was 6'4" and change on draft night, and 6'7" quincy lewis was 6'5" and change. By the way Quincy looks like he's grown to 6'9" now. All colleges measure their players in shoes. The gophers usually give players an inch and a half. The best was Courtney James listed at 6'8" but obiously shorted than the 6'6" Stanfford twins, even by looking at the pictures in Williams arena.

Years ago I had a sporting news magazine with Steve Smith of Michigan St. and Jim Jackson of Ohio St. on the cover. They were both listed at 6'6" but Smith looked 4 to 5 inches taller! At the NBA draft I found out Jim was 6'4" and Steve had grown 2 inches since his freshman year to 6'8"!

Best example was the 6'8" Dejaun Blair actually being 6'5" IMO

I would be very surprised if Rodney weighs 210, my guess would be 185. I would also believe that Cobbs weighs more than 170. Cobbs is very solid and I would guess 185 for him as well. I can't ever remember the Gophers having a team as athletic as this. It will be interesting to see if the young players earn playing time and the group learns to play together. It will also be interesting to see how Tubby finds playing time for this talented group of players.

Top Bottom