Argus Leader: Coyotes head to Williams Arena for first time since '85

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Argus Leader:

Since moving to NCAA Division I in 2008, the University of South Dakota men’s basketball program has played almost all the major colleges in the region at one time or another

Conspicuously absent from that list has been the Minnesota Gophers, but that ends on Saturday.

USD has sampled arenas at places like Iowa, Wisconsin, Marquette, Kansas State, Nebraska and Creighton since leaving Division II. Likewise the Gophers have played Nebraska Omaha, North Dakota State and South Dakota State – Minnesota and the Jacks have played nine times since 2005 – over the last 10 years.

This is the first trip to Williams Arena however, since well before any current Coyote was born.

“When I was in elementary school my grandparents had season tickets to Gopher games,” said USD senior Eric Robertson, a Wayzata, Minn., native. “That’s when it was really bumping – they had some good teams back then. There’s definitely an aura about the Barn. I’ve never played in a game there, just scrimmaged and done some team camps, but I’m excited about playing there.”

http://www.argusleader.com/story/sp...-williams-arena-first-time-since-85/76783898/

Go Gophers!!

“When I was in elementary school my grandparents had season tickets to Gopher games,” said USD senior Eric Robertson, a Wayzata, Minn., native. “That’s when it was really bumping – they had some good teams back then...”

50219707.jpg

Top Bottom