Keith Sconiers likely to choose between Minnesota and Louisville

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per this update from InsideTheVille.com:

Keith Sconiers could make a decision before the season. The three-star wide receiver from Oak Lawn (IL) Richards has two programs on top of his list and he's planning to visit Louisville soon. Are the Cardinals in position to land a commitment?

Louisville has done a great job getting commitments from players who have visited campus this summer, landing quarterbacks Luke Woodley and Mike Rocco, plus tight end Dylan Curry in recent weeks. They'll soon have another big opportunity when Keith Sconiers, the No. 92 wide receiver prospect nationally, visits UofL.

“I’m going down there this week or next week,” Sconiers said Sunday. “I talk to them quite bit, including yesterday (when) I talked to Coach Antonio Goss. They’re an up and (coming) program. I like Louisville a lot. I don’t know much about them as a football school but I used to watch them play basketball a lot.”

Sconiers said that Louisville and Minnesota, a school he’s already visited, are the two favorites in his recruitment. The Gophers have been recruiting the 6-foot-2, 180-pound wide out the longest and Sconiers told Scout.com last month that he favored Minnesota over Louisville.

“I’ve been talking to them longer than most of the other schools,” Sconiers said. “I have a better relationship with them than all the other schools.”

Louisville will soon get a chance to sway Sconiers, who says he may also visit Tennessee and Indiana when he’s on the road to check out the Cardinals. Sconiers has an offer from the Hoosiers. He said the Vols might offer, though, they haven't at this point.

“I would like to make a decision before the season but if I don’t then I’ll probably just wait it out,” said Sconiers. “I’m really considering Minnesota and Louisville.”

Sconiers, who uses his length to make catches over defenders, also shows the ability to make tough plays over the middle. He’ll have to add strength to impact in college but he has a solid combination of size, speed and hands. Sconiers made 30 receptions for 656 yards and 10 touchdowns as a junior.

http://minnesota.scout.com/a.z?s=176&p=2&c=882231

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom