They (he) said it would never happen... VCU Practice Facility Photos

Hope we use a different designer/decorator. That place looks really cold and institutional.

You build it and no one will come. A case of a school out kicking their coverage. Without the hot shot coach they will fade into the pack. No matter how nice the facilities are, they will not beat the top tier schools for recruits.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hope we use a different designer/decorator. That place looks really cold and institutional.

Others would call it clean sleek and modern. I dont mind the design but to each their own.

Looks WAY too dark with the black walls.

Ya, that is not impressive. There are a lot of nicer facilities than that...looks like a YMCA and that is not a compliment. Totally agree on the decorating, design and architecture.

LOL at the negative comments in here. If the U got a facility like that everyone here be praising it.

LOL at the negative comments in here. If the U got a facility like that everyone here be praising it.

Agreed. Also....if it didn't have all the black, then the school color comments would be rampant.

You build it and no one will come. A case of a school out kicking their coverage. Without the hot shot coach they will fade into the pack. No matter how nice the facilities are, they will not beat the top tier schools for recruits.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VCU didn't build this to compete with Duke or Kentucky on the recruiting trail. VCU has a top 4 Canadian player and the 59th rated American player in this falls recruiting class. The staff is also in contention for another ESPN100 (Alpha Diallo).

The goal is to consistently compete for #30+ type recruits that are realistic gets for the program.

Let me know how a privately funded practice facility for a basketball only school is out kicking the coverage. FYI VCU has a media deal worth $2 million a year, so the costs are not prohibitive in any stretch.

VCU didn't build this to compete with Duke or Kentucky on the recruiting trail. VCU has a top 4 Canadian player and the 59th rated American player in this falls recruiting class. The staff is also in contention for another ESPN100 (Alpha Diallo).

The goal is to consistently compete for #30+ type recruits that are realistic gets for the program.

Let me know how a privately funded practice facility for a basketball only school is out kicking the coverage. FYI VCU has a media deal worth $2 million a year, so the costs are not prohibitive in any stretch.

That and VCU had a nice program before Shaka. Anthony Grant was a good coach, they will still be competitive

Looks pretty fn nice to me, could use more wood and less of the school colors, but that was Norwoods fault, he selected all of this before bolting.

Top Bottom