Wow - Ruesse wears his heart on his sleeve!

The Trib must really have some sort of agenda against Jerry Kill. First Souhan kicking a man while he is going through medical issues. Then the Cabal of ****ty staff writers who wrote that baseless hit piece, trying to say Kill was not in control of his program. Now Reusse. The Trib is pretty much irrelevant these days anyways. Even my grandma, who was a subscriber for decades has cancelled her subscription.

Pioneer Press is a far superior product.

Like the choice . The sudden passing of Flip shocked and reminded how unimportant sports really is. Reusse put aside a perfect chance to rip the U and Norwood to show he indeed has a heart.

The Trib must really have some sort of agenda against Jerry Kill. First Souhan kicking a man while he is going through medical issues. Then the Cabal of ****ty staff writers who wrote that baseless hit piece, trying to say Kill was not in control of his program. Now Reusse. The Trib is pretty much irrelevant these days anyways. Even my grandma, who was a subscriber for decades has cancelled her subscription.

I think you are the one with the agenda.

Like the choice . The sudden passing of Flip shocked and reminded how unimportant sports really is. Reusse put aside a perfect chance to rip the U and Norwood to show he indeed has a heart.
Thats how I saw it too.

Thats how I saw it too.

My take: I thought it was a poor choice and inappropriate. People die. Year in, year out. It does speak to what a wonderful person Flip was so there is that. As this is a message board, I will project. Reusse was personally affected by the death of a contemporary and realized his memorial would be quite muted compared to Flip's.

The Kill comment was unfair and unnecessary.

My take: I thought it was a poor choice and inappropriate. People die. Year in, year out. It does speak to what a wonderful person Flip was so there is that. As this is a message board, I will project. Reusse was personally affected by the death of a contemporary and realized his memorial would be quite muted compared to Flip's.

The Kill comment was unfair and unnecessary.

Agreed. Flip was great and should be remembered and given respect, but death happens all the time. We lose sports greats all the time. We lose people all the time. Death is a lame turkey of the year.

My take - the fact that people die everyday takes on a different meaning as a person ages and you start knowing more dead people than living ones. In the relatively short history of wildly popular professional sports, aging athletes makes death a relatively new prominent star.

But he doesn't just focus on Flip. Reread it if you think he does. He points out how death was front and central of some big sports stories this year from Lauren Hill to Ernie Banks to JP Parise.

Have you seen the adds for the new movie 'Concussion'? Reusse sees the writing on the wall regarding football, and Fred McNeill's early departure due to ALS and dementia may be due to head trauma. How many more? We won't know until they're dead. The family of Frank Gifford says signs of the degenerative disease chronic traumatic encephalopathy were found in his brain after his death. This can only be diagnosed by port mortem autopsy - I know that sounds redundant, but the facts are coming out one death at a time.

So personally, I like it. Naming a Turkey every year is already lame, so saying something meaningful instead is appreciated by me.

My take - the fact that people die everyday takes on a different meaning as a person ages and you start knowing more dead people than living ones. In the relatively short history of wildly popular professional sports, aging athletes makes death a relatively new prominent star.

But he doesn't just focus on Flip. Reread it if you think he does. He points out how death was front and central of some big sports stories this year from Lauren Hill to Ernie Banks to JP Parise.

Have you seen the adds for the new movie 'Concussion'? Reusse sees the writing on the wall regarding football, and Fred McNeill's early departure due to ALS and dementia may be due to head trauma. How many more? We won't know until they're dead. The family of Frank Gifford says signs of the degenerative disease chronic traumatic encephalopathy were found in his brain after his death. This can only be diagnosed by port mortem autopsy - I know that sounds redundant, but the facts are coming out one death at a time.

So personally, I like it. Naming a Turkey every year is already lame, so saying something meaningful instead is appreciated by me.

I think Flip would have appreciated the column. I did.

I was ok with the choice this year, but he just can't let his problem with kill die. What the problem, wouldn't Kill give him an interview. Does any one know?

Go Gophers

Top Bottom