Paul Carter talks about the upcoming season

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Monter has an article on Paul Carter - in the update Carter states:

"This is a big change from last summer. Last summer, I was back in school. I didn't really have a chance to work out and play with anybody. I was kind of by myself the whole time. Just being in the gym and taking care of classes. It was more academic focused than basketball. This summer, has been all about working out. Of course, I have some academic classes, but now I get come here and play with my teammates and just lift weights and everything."

Carter said that he feels much more comfortable with his teammates this summer after not being on campus at this time last year.

"Definitely. I felt that last year when I came in that I was kind of behind everybody and I had to work my way back and once I did, I hurt my ankle. It was kind of hard, but right now, I am just trying to work, not to stay with everybody, but to get ahead of everybody as well. Just have fun with my teammates in the summer."

Most observers feel that junior college players need a year to adjust to playing at a higher level. Carter, who redshirted in junior college, feels that having three years of eligibility helped him with the transition.

"Yes, It is definitely a blessing. I think that it depends on the player. A lot of people say that junior college players need time to adjust. I thought that I adjusted quickly, really. The only thing to get adjusted to is the offense. It is physical in junior college. You have to play defense in junior college. As far as the offense Coach runs, that was the only difference really."

Carter is working hard in the offseason to improve his all-around game.

"Right now, definitely strength and a lot of ballhandling. Just staying strong as far as rebounding and defensively as well. That is my big thing. You stay on the floor if you can play defense. That is the big thing that I am working on."

Carter is playing for the El-Amin Fish House team with teammate and former JC player Devron Bostick. The two have had a history together, which has helped their play as teammates.

"We played together in the Top 100 Camp (a junco event in Tulsa) awhile back, so it seems like we have been playing together for a long time. It is great. Devron is my guy. I always have fun playing with him."

Carter likes what he has seen from incoming player Rodney White, Trevor Mbakwe, Royce White and Justin Cobbs in the Pro City League.

"I love those kids. They are super athletic. They play hard and are competitive. That's what we need. I love watching them play and I love playing with them."

Carter said that despite losing four key players from last years, the expectations are high with the returning talent and a group of outstanding newcomers.

"Definitely. I feel that we are going to be a great team. With those guys, we can do anything. The sky's the limit for us."

http://minnesota.scout.com/2/881922.html

Go Gophers!!

Thanks for the post Bleed.

Carter is working hard in the offseason to improve his all-around game.

"Right now, definitely strength and a lot of ballhandling. Just staying strong as far as rebounding and defensively as well. That is my big thing. You stay on the floor if you can play defense. That is the big thing that I am working on."

Seems to be something missing on what he's working on ... Oh yes, SHOOTING!

Carter said that despite losing four key players from last years, the expectations are high with the returning talent and a group of outstanding newcomers.

Did I miss something?I thought the Gophers only lost Busch, Williams, JAS & Payton.

Monter has an article on Paul Carter - in the update Carter states:

Carter likes what he has seen from incoming player Rodney White, Trevor Mbakwe, Royce White and Justin Cobbs in the Pro City League.

Go Gophers!!

So are Rodney and Royce brothers, now?

;)

Top Bottom