Where's your tailgate spot?

vinko bogataj

Reaction score
OK, we already had the where are your seats thread, so I thought a where will you tailgate thread should get rolling. Also- why'd you choose your spot?

C58 here. Took the lot since besides being a block from the stadium, it would be an easy walk from both Dinkytown and Stadium Village. Also like that it is near the row in case the University comes to its senses and decides at some point to allow the band to march down University Ave. Also like that there is a large green area behind Williams Arena where we can set up in the grass if allowed. Last but not least, should provide ample opportunities to spot our fine coeds walking from Middlebrook, the sorority area, or down the row. Vinko likes Ugg's with short skirts and cut off Gopher tops.... ;)

Ski-U-Mah lot. Wanted to be close and have a great view of the stadium while I tailgate.

C58 here also...same reasons...close the row and all the sights. Should be a sweet tailgating area.

St. Paul....couldn't afford the donation to get me onto the East Bank and it is more closer and convenient to get to for me than the West Bank.

Just acquired an RV and upgraded to the RV lot as there were a few spots remaining.

I figured it was time to stop playing AA ball like I had been and decided to make the jump to the major leagues! ;)

C89. It was the only surface lot left on the WB and we couldn't afford the $$$ to tailgate on the EB. Looking forward to having the rec field right next door and we should have some shade too.

This was a very hard decision for me. Park in a (nontailgating) ramp near the stadium or get a tailgating spot far away. I really enjoy the pregame festivities. The Victory March 2 hours before the game and the band performance/pep rally 1 hour before the game. I've had a tailgating spot for the last several years, but really only truly tailgated about twice a year.

In the end I got a space at the Washington Avenue ramp. I plan on doing my tailgating at the Goal Line Club tailgate (assuming they're still having one).

While on that topic - do any other GopherHolers routinely go to the Goal Line Club tailgate? My wife and I have been going off-and-on for 4 or 5 years now and we still feel like outsiders. Almost everybody there either knows everyone or is in their own group of 4-8 people and are not interested in mingling beyond that. We end up just milling about uncomfortably for half an hour and then going into the game.

C86. Like GoAUpher, we can't afford the EB tailgate lots, but are really excited about what could be a cool vibe on the WB. Love having the rec fields next door for pick-up football, etc. Also excited for the multiple options for getting to the game - the shuttle bus (esp. for poor weather days), biking it, walking, light rail (albeit not for a while).

Bar hopping on the way to the game is also a nice option for those in the WB lots. After tailgating, we can hit Seven Corners before making the walk/bike across the bridge to all the spots in Stadium Village.

Ski-U-Mah for the close views of the stadium, I can't wait for a brat and ribs as well as many drinking games to get ready each and every home game.

C86 for the same reasons as hubbahubba. I think it will be a kickass lot, and it has it's own facebook group page.

C86 for the same reasons as hubbahubba. I think it will be a kickass lot, and it has it's own facebook group page.

Someone needs to set up a facebook page for the Ski-U-Mah lot...thinking that the demographics might hurt any chance of that though!:)

the Ski-U-Mah lot is for old fuddies

whose idea of tailgating this season will be staring out in a southwesterly direction and rubbing one off in the shadow of TCF Bank Stadium while the real action happens in C58 and C51.

whose idea of tailgating this season will be staring out in a southwesterly direction and rubbing one off in the shadow of TCF Bank Stadium while the real action happens in C58 and C51.

I know where you will be!

Since I didn't wait this long for a new stadium to be in a different zip code when I pregame, and am way too underemployed to be giving a ton of money to the U for asphalt rights, I think I am going to the grilling ninja route, and am going to hide on campus crouched over my little hibachi... ;)

haha

HAHA I guess my group of Ten people in their young-mid twenties will be rubbing one off, while having no fun just cuz we got some money for a good lot.

the Ski-U-Mah lot is for old fuddies whose idea of tailgating this season will be staring out in a southwesterly direction and rubbing one off in the shadow of TCF Bank Stadium while the real action happens in C58 and C51.

VIVA VIAGARA! :p

HAHA I guess my group of Ten people in their young-mid twenties will be rubbing one off, while having no fun just cuz we got some money for a good lot.

Umm, those lots are at the same "donation" level, and we got Mr. Montoya to boot. C58 is now officially +1.

C58 > Ski U Mah ;)

Anyone in WB Lot 94?

I know it's way the heck down there, but I'm willing to bring my bags (Cornhole) game with the painted "Block M" on each of the boards.

Ouch, I will be looking out in a southwesterly direction when I'm aiming my Directv dish for tailgating. C58 nice name. You guys playing Battleship over there.

My group of 12 will be in the RV lot in our big gold Gopher-mobile.

I'm in the Northstar lot. Can't wait.

Just picked up a Buick Enclave to use for tailgating. (Well that is what I am telling myself instead of calling it a family vehicle)

Top Bottom