i think this should happen

A

azcat08

i love the new stadium you guys have opening up. great place. henceforth, i think arizona and minnesota should do a home and home. the big 10 has always been our coziest bcs ooc partner. even with that, arizona and minnesota have only played once before.

it was a wonderful (sarcasm) 62-0 beatdown by minnesota at your old stadium in 1939.

i for one think an arizona/minnesota matchup would be great, as you probably have a lot of alumni in arizona and we'd love to see the stadium you got up there.

so, arizona has an open road date in 2012 and an open home date in 2013. lets do it!

i love the new stadium you guys have opening up. great place. henceforth, i think arizona and minnesota should do a home and home. the big 10 has always been our coziest bcs ooc partner. even with that, arizona and minnesota have only played once before.

it was a wonderful (sarcasm) 62-0 beatdown by minnesota at your old stadium in 1939.

i for one think an arizona/minnesota matchup would be great, as you probably have a lot of alumni in arizona and we'd love to see the stadium you got up there.

so, arizona has an open road date in 2012 and an open home date in 2013. lets do it!

We're already filled up for 2013. We have an open date for 2012 but have already scheduled Colorado, Syracuse, and UNLV. Adding Arizona to that non-conference schedule might be biting off more than we can chew.

We're already filled up for 2013. We have an open date for 2012 but have already scheduled Colorado, Syracuse, and UNLV. Adding Arizona to that non-conference schedule might be biting off more than we can chew.

naw it just means you decided to be a big boy. unlv and syracuse will be easy wins. colorado will be who knows how good.

naw it just means you decided to be a big boy. unlv and syracuse will be easy wins. colorado will be who knows how good.

Why will Syracuse be such an easy win? A lot can change between now and 2012.

I've been hoping for a home and home with AZ or ASU for a while. I've got buddies in Phoenix and I'd probably turn the trip into a week long with a stopoff in Vegas. :)

I would love to see the Gophs set up a series with Arizona. It would be great if we played UNLV, the Cuse, Colorado and Arizona in the same year, we may lose one or two of them, but we will definitely be battle tested and ready for the conference schedule. I think that we should have the mindset to schedule the best opponents we can. More national TV games, more exposure, ...usually leads to better recruits, more wins, etc.

Well...I skimmed the other post on 2012 opponents too quickly and missed that UNLV (and the Vegas Strip) are already on the menu. So I'd now love it if AZ was in 2013...Vegas/Gopher trips in back to back seasons!

you'd love az. tucson is a great town to visit, all kinds of stuff to do around town to experience the southwest, great golf and resorts...and its nowhere near the smog filled crappy version of l.a. that phoenix is. tucson is still a metro area of 1 million people but it still has that more friendly college town feel.

and not to mention we have about 20000 coeds who are always scantily clad (even in january the average temperature is around 60 for a high and sunny) and those coeds are probably in the top 3-4 of any school in the nation.

and by 2012/2013 we'll have our own stadium renovation/expansion/upgrade done.

you'd love az. tucson is a great town to visit, all kinds of stuff to do around town to experience the southwest, great golf and resorts...and its nowhere near the smog filled crappy version of l.a. that phoenix is. tucson is still a metro area of 1 million people but it still has that more friendly college town feel.

and not to mention we have about 20000 coeds who are always scantily clad (even in january the average temperature is around 60 for a high and sunny) and those coeds are probably in the top 3-4 of any school in the nation.

My feelings about Phoenix exactly. Honestly, its one of the dirtiest looking/feeling places I've ever been. I guess I'm too spoiled by my upbrining in MN lake country.

It is fun to have these conversations about non-conference scheduling now-a-days. We used to dream of fun non-con matchups only to wake to the reality of one MAC team after another. It would be fun to play any and all Pac 10 schools.

Agreed. Based on my limited experience I would say Tuscon >>>>>>>>>> Phoenix.

i grew up my whole life in mesa (main suburb of phoenix) until i went to college down in tucson. phoenix is still technically "home" but after 5 years in tucson i'd never go back. there are definitely some run down not very nice parts of tucson but as a whole i love it here. besides it actually rains more here and is like 7-8 degrees cooler every day during the summer (its only 103 every day instead of 110).

i grew up my whole life in mesa (main suburb of phoenix) until i went to college down in tucson. phoenix is still technically "home" but after 5 years in tucson i'd never go back. there are definitely some run down not very nice parts of tucson but as a whole i love it here. besides it actually rains more here and is like 7-8 degrees cooler every day during the summer (its only 103 every day instead of 110).

good God! no thanks! ;)

yes, Tucson is preferable to Phoenix

But if we are going to come to Tucson in September for a game, then the Cats are going to have to come to Minneapolis in November.

I'm all for it.

haha arizona doesn't play ooc games in any month outside of september. i think 1998 was the last time we had a non september ooc game.

and our september games are always at 7 pm anyway (theres only 1-2 day games a year here) so its usually only like 85-95 at kickoff here.

and november games wouldn't be that bad in minnesota, we're used to playing games in pullman, corvallis, eugene and seattle every november where its in the 30s and sleeting.

the 30s and sleeting.

Sleet is good:clap:

NO really, I would like to see this match up too... I was stationed at FT. "We Got You" (Fort Huachuca) in Sierra Vista. I loved coming 'up' to Tuscon to get away and play golf! Nice campus and nice weather there...

it is nice weather. its only 108 today haha. but 108 is about the hottest it ever gets here. (better than phoenix, its 115 there now)

if you'd play here in september, the average high for the days you might play is in the low-mid 90's.

Top Bottom