Cory Joseph to trim his list

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per this update from Marcus:

Younger Joseph to trim his list
By Marcus Fuller

Findlay Prep (Nev.) senior point guard Cory Joseph, younger brother of University of Minnesota guard Devoe Joseph, has the Gophers on his current list of 12 schools.

That list also includes Arizona, Kansas, Louisville, Connecticut, Texas, Memphis, UCLA, Villanova, Ohio State, Texas A&M and Nevada Las Vegas. The 6-foot-3 Joseph told the Las Vegas Review-Journal on Saturday that he would be working on trimming his schools now, but he didn't really have an idea about his favorites.

"I'm going to cut down the list, sit down with my mom and my coaches and figure all that stuff out. I've got to get all the input I can get," Joseph said in the article. "I'm pretty much open. I don't even know right now, to tell you the truth."

Joseph scored 35 points for Grassroots Canada in the opening game of the adidas 64 tournament in Las Vegas. HIs AAU team was the defending champion, but despite his 20 points suffered an upset loss Saturday to New Heights (N.Y.).

While there doesn't seem to be a leader for Joseph yet, he told the Memphis Commerical Appeal this week that he enjoyed his unofficial visit to Memphis this summer.

"I liked the facilities, and talking to coach (Josh) Pastner, he seems like a great guy," Joseph said in the article. "He has told me it's a nice situation, and their style of play is kind of like my style of play. We've built a relationship, so I like it."

Grassroots Canada coach Ro Russell also has a great relationship with Pastner, which started when they played against each other on the AAU basketball scene more than a decade ago.

"I have no problems helping him with kids because I can trust him, and that's huge," Russell told Memphis newspaper.

Having a solid rapport with Russell was also huge in helping the Gophers land Joseph's older brother Devoe. But I've heard that Minnesota's relationship with Russell isn't as strong this time around. We'll see if that plays a part in whether the Gophers are on Cory Joseph's final list.

-- Gophers coach Tubby Smith and his staff watched prospects in Las Vegas and Orlando this past week. Team Takeover, another Canadian AAU squad, features Gophers target Maurice Walker, a 6-foot-10, 270-pound center. Walker, who plans to attend Brewster Academy (N.H.), has offers from Georgetown, Texas A&M, Pittsburgh and Nebraska. He is also being followed closely by Connecticut, Villanova and Memphis.

http://blogs.twincities.com/gophers/2009/07/younger-joseph-to-trim-his-lis.html

Go Gophers!!

The most interesting part of that may be that they were watching Walker.

Top Bottom