STrib Editorial: University of Minnesota faces a big moment in AD pick

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per STrib Editor Lori Sturdevant:

Judging from back-of-the-room comments Wednesday, she’s interviewing well — even though she remains coy about her status as a candidate. Goetz still isn’t saying publicly that she will pursue the job.

“I haven’t made any public decision at this time,” she told me after Wednesday’s Claeys-and-Goetz show. “I’ve loved my time at the University of Minnesota, and hope to continue on in whatever capacity I can.”

Claeys — a fellow who knows what it’s like to be a fill-in leader — seemed to endorse her AD candidacy. “Beth has been very good to me and very good to us since we’ve been here,” he said. “Hopefully, she’ll get that opportunity, but I’m sure it will go through the same process as they did with me.”

More significant may have been the enthusiasm of a fellow who knows what gender fairness in collegiate athletics administration requires — Joel Maturi.

“She’s been remarkable!” Maturi exclaimed. “She’s confident, poised, articulate, able. We’re lucky to have her.”

http://www.startribune.com/university-of-minnesota-faces-a-big-moment-in-ad-pick/348071571/

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom