Who will lead the 2015-2016 Gophers in scoring?

• Joey King

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Carlos Morris

Votes: 21 47.7%
  • Nate Mason

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • Kevin Dorsey

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jordan Murphy

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Bakary Konate

• Charles Buggs

• Dupree McBrayer

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ahmad Gilbert

• Other

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

no offense to joey and carlos, but i really hope its someone other than those two. i'd really like to see a young guy be our leading scorer.

I voted for Carlos because he is the college version of JR smith. In his mind he is always open.

We're going to need two of King, Morris and Mason to be on each night.

I suspect Carlos will take the most shots, so I hope that equates to him being our leading scorer. Taking good shots will be key, if shot selection is an issue, Mcbrayer might see more time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If King is our leading scorer we are in trouble. Morris is most likely, but with him it's more about efficiency. Though I could see Carlos under performing and coming off the bench by the end of the season. Mason is 2nd most likely in my opinion, he'll probably be our best all around player. If McBrayer or Murphy end up being our leading scorer, it will either be because they are that good that fast, or all of our returning players have regressed.

I think Konate will be a 6/6 player with about 1.5 blocks a game.

I think it will be Morris (who will be improved so long as the team is competitive and he doesn't feel compelled to jack up shots), Mason and King in that order. If those three average in excess of 40 a game, Gophers could surprise as there will be a lot of shared PT.

I'm trying to be optimistic early on.

So far Carlos is hot shooting over 50%FG, followed by Joey and Nate. However, after watching Purdue, Indiana, Michigan St. Michigan, Maryland and Ohio St in their games, I'm extremely concerned about our frontcourt positions and lack of rebounding. Purdue and Maryland have top 10 frontcourts in the nation.

There may be games like against Purdue, Maryland, Mich st, where we have to play BK and D-man together just to compete on the boards at times.

Unless BK comes on rapidly and exceeds all developmental expectations as a down low defender and rebounder, tough road. Optimistic but realistic.

Even if BK becomes that you are still playing King at PF and Morris at SF who aren't good rebounders or physical players. I wonder if you could play Mason and Morris in the backcourt, with Murphy and King at the forwards? Meaning can Murphy guard SF's in the big ten, I am pretty sure king would have issues doing that? Trying to imagine a more physical lineup.

Don't we run a matchup zone on D?

I think we run lots of stuff on D, from straight up man, to a matchup, to a trap, to pressing full court.

Top Bottom