Pitino post game presser - Dorsey suspension is nothing major, needs to be on time.

GopherLady

Reaction score
Hey guys - it was a quick presser, not a ton to discuss. Here are my notes:

Richard Pitino:

• That was a good win, I was worried about that game. He runs good offense, I was worried about that match-up. Our 3 point D wasn't great. The rebounding is evident, they shot 21 more shots than we did. To do that with 8/9/10 guys is good.
• Kevin's (Dorsey) situation is nothing major, it's just little things that are adding up. It's just some punctuality things. If he has a good week, I anticipate him being back, no problems. Requirements for him? Be on time.
• I don't think like you Marcus, I'm not a worrier like you. He didn't think Gas was hurt.
• Bakary (Konate) has missed almost a month. I want him back ready to play. He's not a natural basketball player to begin with. When he gets back, we're not playing small, it will be better. Gas is doing a good job. They're both going to play, I'm not as worried about it as you guys are.
• I thought our energy was good, our fans were great tonight, it was a good crowd for being an exhibition game.
• We were much more a "protect the paint" tonight. I think we were a little slow, and they hit some bombs during the end.
• Really good at getting to the line. I thought we were better at not fouling, but better. That's something we're really working on. Last year we played one exhibition game, one scrimmage, and I think I liked that better.
• The guys really respect him (Carlos Morris), they (he and Joey King) were voted captains. To be voted, that means he has a lot of respect.

Thanks Nadine! Glad to hear Dorsey's problem isn't major.

We are riding the Morris and King train this season, like it or not, they are our ready to take over guys.

Dorsey not as quick as proclaimed?

Top Bottom