Jonathan Nwankwo cleared by the NCAA to play for VCU

It's early, obviously, but I really liked my first look at Murphy (and McBrayer). If the trade-off indeed was getting Murphy instead of Nwankwo, I like the chances this ends up being a major swap of the + variety for the Gophers.

Interesting that he was cleared. Wonder if his issues were a University admissions issue or a convenient way for Pitino to move on and make room for both Murphy and Lynch. Nwankwo's potential. It be nice to have him at the five this year

Bakary and Lynch

Will be a nice combo, but I'm sick of having centers in the same class, would be nice to stagger our big men more.

Colt and RS3
Mo and EE
Bakary and Lynch (Three if Gas turns out to better as a center)

If Wonk would have stayed and RS, his junior season would be right after Bakary and Gas graduated.

The latter.

Any evidence to back that up, or is it just a guess?

Will be a nice combo, but I'm sick of having centers in the same class, would be nice to stagger our big men more.

Colt and RS3
Mo and EE
Bakary and Lynch (Three if Gas turns out to better as a center)

If Wonk would have stayed and RS, his junior season would be right after Bakary and Gas graduated.

To be fair, Elliot's redshirt was planned, Mo's was not.

Do you think Diediou redshirts next year when we have both Konate and Lynch?

If Pitino didn't redshirt Diediou last year I really doubt he would redshirt him in the future, could be Diediou decision though.

Do you think Diediou redshirts next year when we have both Konate and Lynch?

I think choosing to redshirt after one's freshman year is pretty rare, so I'd say no. I believe Wisconsin had a guy redshirt his sophomore year recently, so it's not unheard of.

Top Bottom