Looks like Boucher will be one-and-done

cjbfbp

Reaction score

1d093c2c25511c232a9501c663333124.480x480x1.jpg

Totally forgot about him. I'd rather have Murphy and maybe even Gilbert based on Boucher having one year and Gilbert being a shooter. But we shall see.

Oddly enough, I live in Eugene, but I very loosely follow the Ducks Basketball team. I completely forgot about Boucher signing with Oregon until yesterday, when I read in the paper about his eligibility.

Tonight was the first exhibition game of the season for the Ducks and I decided to attend to get my college basketball fix, since I can't watch my Gophers. That tree-painted court at Matthew Knight Arena is something else, let me tell you. And, I know it was just an exhibition game but wow, it was eerily quiet in that arena tonight. Hopefully that picks up in the regular season. This is still largely a football town, but Altman is changing that, slowly but surely.

As for Boucher, the kid is a twig. Although he moves pretty well and has enough athleticism to make up for it. There were a few times where they were in a fast break and he was the first one down the court, catching the long pass from a teammate, and making a move to score. He also had a monster alley-oop that got some noise from the crowd. He looked lost on the court at times, though. Often holding his hands up as to say "what should I be doing?". Just the new system probably.

With the reduction in his eligibility, it appears that there is a silver lining in the Gophers missing on him. Gilbert should be a solid 4-year player and Murphy looks to be a straight up stud.

Go Gophers!

Mac Court was a great venue. Ducks pissed away their HC advantage when they built monument to Phil's kid.
@PNW......get on the Tinkle bandwagon! GP II is a fantastic player.

Wish we could have gotten Boucher. When I saw him in the NJCAA tourney last spring, he was absolutely dominate, and so far, he is looking like a big time impact player. He is averaging 12.7ppg, 7.4rpg, and 4.3 blocks per game. As of now he is only guaranteed one year of eligibility, but will be able to petition the NCAA, after the season, to possibly regain that second year.

Top Bottom