Ticket Issue....

CP Gopher

Reaction score
Was looking at some ticket websites. Saw anywhere from 8-11 tickets in the front row of my section (246) up for sale to all games except Wisconsin. If this is any indication, it looks like some Wiscy fans have purchased season tickets.

I have talked to several pigeon fans that have bought season tickets. It does not surprise me that becky would also buy tickets.

It can't possibly be that many though, wouldn't they all have to come from the wait list???

Was looking at some ticket websites. Saw anywhere from 8-11 tickets in the front row of my section (246) up for sale to all games except Wisconsin. If this is any indication, it looks like some Wiscy fans have purchased season tickets.

Ah! You're not the only 246'er who saw this...I noticed this last night. FWIW though, I doubt it's Wisky/Hawk fans b/c those seats were long gone before I picked and that means the folks who own them either A) have owned tickets for several years or B) ponied up some dough. Neither is likely for a rival fan.

I'm betting these are broker owned seats. It would make sense to me...brokers would want to get their seats in a large group if possible and front row is a desirable location that should draw a little more payout.

Hopefully I'm wrong, cause if I'm not then I will have group of red only 3 rows away. :p

I'd agree most likely ticket broker. Those are some seriously expensive seats for a Wisc/Iowa fan to have, especially in that quantity. I've heard of WI/IA fans in the cities splitting season tickets to the dome for the every other year game, so I suppose it is possible. I think the reality is that the percentage of WI fans at the game will be WAY down this year. We hear of WI fans here and there, and see some tickets for sale on Craigslist and Stubhub and think the sky is falling. Reality is the total amount of seats will be far less that people are imagining. This is assuming, obviously, that 95% of people that bought tickets this year actually realize how awesome that game will be and want to go.

I've posted this before but I was talking to a gal (Wisconsin grad) about a month ago who went in with their neighbors (Iowa grads) for season tickets. They plan to sell everything but the yearly Wisconsin or Iowa game. I'm sure this happens a lot. In my example, they weren't in the big numbers like this.

This isn't that odd. I know many GB Packer fans who purchase season tickets for the Vikings. Of course they play the Vikings once a year, so there is a little less coordination involved than finding a badger/hawkeye fan to split the tickets with.

Top Bottom