PiPress: Lynch, Fitzgerald waiting to make an impact

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

The Gophers won't face many players as talented as their own Reggie Lynch and Davonte Fitzgerald this season.

So while sitting out the entire 2015-16 season as transfers, Lynch and Fitzgerald know their role is to prepare their teammates for the Big Ten.

"We're both just pushing everyone in practice," said Lynch, a 6-foot-10, 265-pound junior from Illinois State. "We're both experienced players and know how to play the game at the Division I level. So we hold ourselves to a higher standard. We know we can do damage when we come in and play next year, but we're preparing our team to play this year."

Fitzgerald, a 6-8, 205-pound Texas A&M transfer, said he and Lynch came to Minnesota prepared mentally for the "long road."

Both transfers traveled with the Gophers to Spain in August, but they weren't able to play in any of the exhibition games.

Fans' only chance to see Lynch and Fitzgerald play together this season came in Sunday's maroon and gold scrimmage. Coach Richard Pitino made sure to point that out on Twitter this weekend.

"We're just attacking this year, getting better and getting ready for the next season," Fitzgerald said. "It's going to be really good for us."

http://www.twincities.com/gophers/c...tball-lynch-fitzgerald-waiting-make-an-impact

Go Gophers!!

Fitz at 6'8" and increases weight to 225lbs could be another #32...

He sure as hell didn't look like 205-210lbs at the scrimmage.

I agree, Fitzpatrick did not look like a PF to me, more of a SF that could play PF in a pinch. Murphy has a skill set of a PF though, that seems to me to be his natural position.

Top Bottom