Can you imagine this week had Teague hired Flip instead of Pitino?

Sparlimb

Reaction score
I think east bank may have imploded had we lost head coaches in both basketball and football in the same week...

I'm happy to have some stability somewhere.

Just been a bad week to be a Minnesota sports fan...

At the U of M it seems that nothing is ever "normal". Better days are coming but it does seem like "bad luck and trouble" are never far away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow that is a thought and a half! Crazy sad week. Nothing is easy in Dinkytown.

Four guys at the pinnacle of their dreams...just crashing. So depressing. Teague at his highest plateau in life about to announce the ground breaking of his dream and boom...gone. I'll never forget Flip as the absolute leader of those Gopher basketball teams. He's living in an awesome house, he orchestrated a spectacular new practice facility, he's in total control of the NBA team in his adopted home state, the potential of the pieces that are in place on the court are very optimisticallly viewed as playoff worthy soon...and he created it, his family and the people around him all loving him, money is in abundance and boom gone. Jerry Kill is at the top of his career, best recruiting class on the horizon, traditional trophy challenges await, program moving forward so far beyond the ragged recent past, practice facilities with shovels in the ground, safely in place job security wise and boom gone because of health issues he has no control over. And Rick Pitino, no he's not the coach of the Gophers, but his son is. And his son is in pain for what his dad is enduring after dad having the joy of so many positive accomplishments in his life, in many areas but now forced to listen to people attacking his dad. Just four very sad depressing story lines that all potentially touch Gopher fans. Very difficult time.

Top Bottom