KSTP: Carlos Morris: 'I Think I'm one of the Best Players in the Big Ten'

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per KSTP:

Aside from the Rick Pitino/Richard Pitino circus, there was an actual Media Day on Wednesday for the Gophers men's basketball team.

The Gophers have an open scrimmage on Sunday at 4 p.m. at Williams Arena. Their regular season opener is Friday, November 13 at the Barn against Missouri-Kansas City.

http://kstp.com/article/stories/s3942670.shtml

Go Gophers!!

I hope he's right and his play matches his mouth.

I love the kid's confidence, but this could be LOL-worthy later in the year if he hasn't cleaned up his decision making.

I'll go way out on a limb and say I do not think Carlos Morris is one of the best players in the Big Ten.

The idea of Carlos watching Jamal Crawford play for inspiration is pretty funny to me.

At least Carlos has dreams! I just feel it only backfires if you share your dreams publicly. Already there are people laughing at him and criticizing him. The idea is excellent! Just shut up about it. The other thing it does is make you look selfish and it puts unnecessary pressure on you. Much harder to accomplish with the accompanying criticism and fuel to opponents by annoucing your thoughts. I'd consul my guys not to say similar things publicly and the reasons why.

Love the attitude, now show me. A comment from Rick Majerus years ago in reference to Keith Van Horn rings in my ears when I watch Squirrel play: "His idea of a good game is outscoring the guy guarding him 32-31". That's what Squirrel has to overcome. It means nothing to score 20 if you turn the ball over 6 times & the guy you're guarding scores 22.

He was asked the question and gave a perfectly reasonable answer.

Regardless of what he says, he certainly has the tools to be one of the best players in the BT, just doesn't have anywhere near the necessary attitude on the court and decision-making. We don't really know that those can't improve drastically--he's only played one year of D1 basketball. It's tough when you only have two years of D1 basketball and you want to try to establish yourself. All of these guys have dreams of playing professionally and they think the best way to stand out and get more playing time is by scoring a lot. I've said this before but I think he will get honorable mention and wouldn't be surprised if he makes third team. He showed flashes and I'm sure Pitino has hammered in that he needs to not settle for so many jumpers because he can drive by people at will.

At least Carlos has dreams! I just feel it only backfires if you share your dreams publicly. Already there are people laughing at him and criticizing him. The idea is excellent! Just shut up about it. The other thing it does is make you look selfish and it puts unnecessary pressure on you. Much harder to accomplish with the accompanying criticism and fuel to opponents by annoucing your thoughts. I'd consul my guys not to say similar things publicly and the reasons why.

I love the kid's confidence, but this could be LOL-worthy later in the year if he hasn't cleaned up his decision making.

you called it! clearly lol-worthy now! sheesh, what a dink.

Top Bottom