High Def

station19

Reaction score
Can some one tell me how many Gopher Basketball/ Football games are telecast in high-def. Thanks in advance

Depends on who your provider is I imagine. I think all of them if you have Comcast, BTN, Network Channels, ESPN, and ESPN2 are all available in HD.

Here's the breakdown the best I can remember:

ALL football and basketball games on ABC, ESPN, and BTN are in HD.
Football and basketball games on ESPN2 are hit and miss (mostly miss).
Football and basketball games on ESPNU were all Standard Def.

One would think that because Charter (now) has the BTN ... games from the BTN in HD would be shown on Charter in HD ... but don't count on it. The channel lineup on Charter.net does not show the BTN it in HD...just SD. Calling Charter confirmed this...I think you're more secure with HD on Charter from the ESPN's of the world.

One would think that because Charter (now) has the BTN ... games from the BTN in HD would be shown on Charter in HD ... but don't count on it. The channel lineup on Charter.net does not show the BTN it in HD...just SD. Calling Charter confirmed this...I think you're more secure with HD on Charter from the ESPN's of the world.

There's a reason Charter is literally bankrupt. They are the worst of the cable companies and that is really an achievement given the low level of quality from the others.

So true tjgopher

Just calling Charter took me 3 calls to get to an 'agent' .. The first two calls ended in 'dead air' .. Very poor service to say the least. The HD lineup on Charter seems weak at best.... but if that's all you have available, with CBS-ABC-ESPN, you'll still get a few Gopher games (basketball & football) in HD during the year.

Thanks for all the great info folks. Fresh Trout-give me a call some time.

Top Bottom