BTN Big Ten Power Rankings (#13. Minnesota)

BleedGopher

Reaction score

Northwestern (8) ahead of Michigan (9)? I'll eat my shorts if that happens.

I'd take the "better than" on Michigan State (4th), Iowa (7th), and Ohio State (10th). Would take the "worse than" on Purdue (3rd) and Illinois (6th).

Those would be my safe bets.

If I had to pick now
1) Maryland
2) Sparty
3) Indiana
4) Purdue
5) Michigan
6) Wisconsin
7) Iowa
8) Ohio State
9) Illinois
10) Northwestern
11) Minnesota
12) Nebraska
13) Penn State
14) Rutgers
I think Michigan going 8-10 last year with all the injuries they had shows how much depth they have as a program. Maybe I have IU a little high, but they have a great starting five, however Crean is their coach and I am not sure how they'll handle foul trouble in the front court. I could see Illinois tailing off their issues this summer continue into the season. Ohio state seems like a mystery, talented recruited class, can they hang with some of these veteran teams?

Northwestern (8) ahead of Michigan (9)? I'll eat my shorts if that happens.

I'd take the "better than" on Michigan State (4th), Iowa (7th), and Ohio State (10th). Would take the "worse than" on Purdue (3rd) and Illinois (6th).

Those would be my safe bets.

Not sure I agree with Iowa better than 7th. I like Uthoff alot, but they lose White and Oleseni (who was a better player than Woodbury will ever be).

Not sure I agree with Iowa better than 7th. I like Uthoff alot, but they lose White and Oleseni (who was a better player than Woodbury will ever be).

Yes, but they should have better depth this year. While they lose the depth at center they had last year, they gain depth almost everywhere else. Some of their primary rotational players (e.g., Uhl and Oglesby) gave them very little last year. Having said that, I'd rate their chances of finishing above 7th only slightly better than 50%.

Yes, but they should have better depth this year. While they lose the depth at center they had last year, they gain depth almost everywhere else. Some of their primary rotational players (e.g., Uhl and Oglesby) gave them very little last year. Having said that, I'd rate their chances of finishing above 7th only slightly better than 50%.

They have alot of unproven depth. 5 true Freshmen, 1 RS Freshman, and a JUCO transfer.

Top Bottom