CBS Sports 2015-16 ranking of every college basketball team, from 1-351 (70. MN)

Well, they're certainly ambitious to attempt this ranking at this stage of the season. If Minnesota turns out to be somewhere around the 70th best team this season, I will be very pleased.

A couple of somewhat comforting rankings: (OK St. #76), (Clemson #98) and one not so comforting: (South Dakota State #79). We probably will play one of two teams (Miss State #114, Texas Tech #147) that seem a bit underrated to me. Tubby played a number of freshman big minutes last year and some of them looked like they could have pretty good futures. Miss State brought in a five star and two four star freshmen to join a few pretty decent holdovers.

Most observers who watched the Big Ten during the last half of the season would rate Northwestern higher. I also believe that Nebraska and Penn State could be better than they anticipate.

They put Texas Sothern at #208? A lot of disrespect to future NBA All-Star Zach Lofton.

Dan Majerle & Bobby Hurley both coaching in the sunshine state.

331. San Jose State: They didn't win a game in Division I last year, so at least there's nowhere to go but up?

331. San Jose State: They didn't win a game in Division I last year, so at least there's nowhere to go but up?

Wow! Considering the tremendous variation in quality among D1 teams, that's actually kind of impressive in its own way.

Shabazz Muhammad's brother plays there. We were apparently somewhat interested in taking him on as a transfer at one point.

I know we aren't great, but there can't be 69 teams better than us on I-35

On the initial glance, the projection seems way too low on Ohio State and Louisville.

Arizona is the REAL sunshine state. Florida sucks and that is a known fact.

Really, a bankrupt state with no beaches? Arizona would be on the bottom of most people's list who don't want to go die in a trailer house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

44. Iowa: Aaron White, Iowa's best player a season ago, is gone. But a lot of the roster is back. Jarrod Uthoff a dark horse for being a top-10 Big Ten player candidate.

seriously, uthoff potential POTY?? even mentioning his name as a darkhorse blows me away-- Am I really that ****ing out of it??

Really, a bankrupt state with no beaches? Arizona would be on the bottom of most people's list who don't want to go die in a trailer house.

Florida sucks, I'm sticking with that.

Beach is 4 hrs away if you need that. Mountain towns and skiing 1.5 hrs away. Scottsdale, Tucson, Sedona, I'll take AZ.

44. Iowa: Aaron White, Iowa's best player a season ago, is gone. But a lot of the roster is back. Jarrod Uthoff a dark horse for being a top-10 Big Ten player candidate.

seriously, uthoff potential POTY?? even mentioning his name as a darkhorse blows me away-- Am I really that ****ing out of it??

"Jarrod Uthoff a dark horse for being a top-10 Big Ten player candidate."

I don't read that as conference player of the year. I read "Top 10." Uthoff has a pretty fair chance of being regarded as a top 10 player in the conference by the end of the season.

Kansas State at #116? How is that possible, @savagerube ??? You thought Bruce Weber was a good coach, I TOLD YOU he was bad and would drag that program down, and he has. You mocked me for the post I copied below by saying "This post is getting funnier and funnier... So much for Weber bringing "down" the Big 12..." after K-State had a rare good win January 2014.

Reality: Bruce Weber is getting HOT SEAT conversation AGAIN, because he SUCKS as a coach and isn't good enough to keep a program at the level that Kansas State was under Huggins/Martin. http://rushthecourt.net/2015/11/02/...twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

Quote Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
Dude, Weber has just gotten started. Just like at Illinois, Weber has already coached his most talented roster he will ever coach at his school very early in his tenure, and it will only be downhill just like at Illinois because Weber is a poor talent evaluator and procurer. K-State also didn't even make the S16 in what you're referring to as a "great" season - the same program that not too long ago was in the Elite 8. K-State has already suffered some embarrassing losses early this season as he has started to get "his guys" into the program (who will only make the program mired in mediocrity) - defeated in the home opener by Northern Colorado and just got routed by nearly 30 points against an unranked Georgetown team.

NIT Championship here we come!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom