Stats from last nights scrimmage: Mason and McBrayer had 20pts each, playing for both

BleedGopher

Reaction score
teams.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Morris had a problem with Turnovers. Good to see that 3pt % high 14 for 31 overall 45%. Also 72% overall FT % which is nice. Dorsey was perfect from FT and played a really good based on stats as well.

Dorsey with 18 & 6. Murphy with 11 points and 10 boards. Ahmad looks like he had a solid game. Reggie with 9 fouls :banghead: That is something he is going to need to work on during his year off.

Other numbers that stood out to me.

12 Steals Total - 9 coming from freshmen which may indicate some new quickness coming in.
Murphy 3 Gilbert 3 McBrayer 2 Dorsey 1

10 Rebounds total for Murphy - King and Diedhiou next with 7

32 total minutes (complete scrimmage) played by Mason Dorsey Morris King Diedhiou Murphy

Fitzgerald played only 12 minutes

Walk-ons Stephon Sharp and Darin Haugh did not play

From those in attendance, heard it was sloppy and the team lacks scorers.

Just going by the stats, it appears that all 4 freshman played well. I am encouraged to see a nice stat line out of Gilbert as he's certainly been the freshman with the least hype so far. On the negative side, both the transfers seemed to struggle. Fitzgerald is the obvious one with his 0-5 with a turnover, but Reggie Lynch managed just 4 rebounds in 27 minutes of play and had 3 turnovers and 9 fouls. Keep in mind Konate wasn't playing, so Reggie was going up against Diedhiou, King, Murphy, or Buggs which should have lead to a nice performance.

Diedhiou played 32 minutes and took 2 shots? That's concerning.

Diedhiou played 32 minutes and took 2 shots? That's concerning.

I'm more concerned that he played 32 minutes and had only 7 rebounds and 1 block. Joey, a notoriously weak rebounder, had the same number in the same amount of minutes but Joey is expected to do a lot more things on the court and play further away from the basket than Gaston. I'm very concerned with Bakary's injury. We've heard a month until his return, but Joel Embiid (#3 draft pick in 2014) had a foot fracture, hasn't played basketball in about nineteen months, and won't play this season.

Just going by the stats, it appears that all 4 freshman played well. I am encouraged to see a nice stat line out of Gilbert as he's certainly been the freshman with the least hype so far. On the negative side, both the transfers seemed to struggle. Fitzgerald is the obvious one with his 0-5 with a turnover, but Reggie Lynch managed just 4 rebounds in 27 minutes of play and had 3 turnovers and 9 fouls. Keep in mind Konate wasn't playing, so Reggie was going up against Diedhiou, King, Murphy, or Buggs which should have lead to a nice performance.

The transfers are irrelevant to me right now. They have plenty of time to improve and they will be joined by two new forwards and one of the highest rated freshman swing men in the country next season.

From those in attendance, heard it was sloppy and the team lacks scorers.

Morris 11 ppg
Morris 10 ppg
King 10 ppg

I expect at least two of those guys to up their averages. Kontae should make a major jump, McBrayer, Dorsey, etc. should be able to put up some decent numbers for freshman.

How do 'they' define scorers?

Morris 11 ppg
Morris 10 ppg
King 10 ppg

I expect at least two of those guys to up their averages. Kontea should make a major jump, McBrayer, Dorsey, etc. should be able to put up some decent numbers for freshman.

How do 'they' define scorers?

Hoop, can't answer that as I wasn't in attendance. Asked main takeaways, said "was very sloppy" "no scorers". Further conversation asked about the freshman, was impressed by Murphy the most.

Hoop, can't answer that as I wasn't in attendance. Asked main takeaways, said "was very sloppy" "no scorers". Further conversation asked about the freshman, was impressed by Murphy the most.

Not sure if you can answer this without giving up your sources (team managers, etc.?) , but WHO is 'allowed' to be in attendance for these scrimmages? Coaches only, parents, reporters or who?

Good to hear about Murph being impressive.

Not sure if you can answer this without giving up your sources (team managers, etc.?) , but WHO is 'allowed' to be in attendance for these scrimmages? Coaches only, parents, reporters or who?

I know Al Nolen was at the scrimmage. If reporters were allowed, we would have gotten a write up by Marcus or Amelia by now. Not sure about parents.

Team Alumni I'm thinking was the reason he was in attendance. Could have been a multitude of reasons. I was surprised he was there.

I understand your question from earlier, I think (totally my opinion) he's referring to no one creating his own shot as far as no scorers on the team. I also know he emphasized the sloppiness first and foremost so it might be a bad read.

Team Alumni I'm thinking was the reason he was in attendance. Could have been a multitude of reasons. I was surprised he was there.

I understand your question from earlier, I think (totally my opinion) he's referring to no one creating his own shot as far as no scorers on the team. I also know he emphasized the sloppiness first and foremost so it might be a bad read.

Always like hear about the AN's, DJ's, Abu's, & A-Rob like alum. (the one's I can think of) that stay connected to the program after they graduate.

Here's a DJ update I got from a buddy. He's recently started working at General Mills.

I know Al Nolen was at the scrimmage. If reporters were allowed, we would have gotten a write up by Marcus or Amelia by now. Not sure about parents.

LOL. Write up from Marcus or Amelia? Both learned about Konate and Mason injuries from Shooter. LOL

Them numbers are disappointing.I really hope we can over achieve this year,Mason has the heart,Morris has the confidence...but this is a rebuilding year...the final 4 here in a few years win it at home!!!

Them numbers are disappointing.I really hope we can over achieve this year,Mason has the heart,Morris has the confidence...but this is a rebuilding year...the final 4 here in a few years win it at home!!!

I mean, it is only one scrimmage and we don't even have enough scholarship players to field two full teams. Hard to really gauge a whole lot from one game.

Guys, you can assume that Pitino also has stressed playing defense. If they play his style, the offensive stats could be affected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom