BTN reporters predict Gophers 12th, Nate Mason gets vote for Most underrated player

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per BTN:

Note: Teams received one point for first-place vote, two points for second-place vote, and so on.

2015-16 BIG TEN STANDINGS
1. Maryland – 9
2. Indiana – 26
3. Purdue – 28
4. Michigan State – 30
5. Wisconsin – 32
6. Michigan – 44
7. Ohio State – 64
8. Illinois – 66
9. Iowa – 69
10. Northwestern – 73
11. Nebraska – 94
12. Minnesota – 96
13. Penn State – 97
14. Rutgers – 112

Most underrated player: Malcolm Hill, Illinois (2) AND Shavon Shields, Nebraska (2) Receiving votes: Rapheal Davis, Purdue (1); Bronson Koenig, Wisconsin (1); Nate Mason, Minnesota (1); Jae’Sean Tate, Ohio State (1)

http://btn.com/2015/10/14/btn-coms-preseason-hoops-predictions-honors-all-big-ten-team/

Go Gophers!!

Sobering to see it in print, despite the fact we all knew 11th to 13th was where they'd likely end up in preseason polls.

Sobering to see it in print, despite the fact we all knew 11th to 13th was where they'd likely end up in preseason polls.

Yes, this season is likely to be a little on the rough side. But the future is looking pretty good from where I'm sitting.

Yes, this season is likely to be a little on the rough side. But the future is looking pretty good from where I'm sitting.

Yep, no visions of grandeur for 2015-16 in terms of wins and losses. I have no expectations for this particular season, other than I want to see the Gophers playing their best ball at the end of the season, and that at least 2 or 3 of the new guys show they have All-B1G potential down the road. Not just serviceable potential, star potential.

I certainly understand why people have the Gophers picked as low as they are, but I actually think they will end up 9th or 10th this year. I always prefer talent over experience in college basketball.

CBS rankings 1-351

4. Maryland
11. Michigan St.
13. Indiana
17. Wisconsin
26. Purdue
30. Michigan
44. Iowa
52. Ohio State
65. Illinois
70. Minnesota
"Interesting season ahead for this team and its coach. Will freshman point guard Kevin Dorsey
turn into one of the most productive first-year players in the league?"
82. Northwestern
130. Nebraska
142. Penn State
274. Rutgers

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...g-of-every-college-basketball-team-from-1-351

Yep, no visions of grandeur for 2015-16 in terms of wins and losses. I have no expectations for this particular season, other than I want to see the Gophers playing their best ball at the end of the season, and that at least 2 or 3 of the new guys show they have All-B1G potential down the road. Not just serviceable potential, star potential.

Agreed. Just hoping for forward progress this season.

There's been a lot of talk in that other thread about what constitutes over-achievement or what recent squads overachieved. I think there's plenty of potential for the Gophs to finish above 12th - maybe well above 12th if things come together.

There's been a lot of talk in that other thread about what constitutes over-achievement or what recent squads overachieved. I think there's plenty of potential for the Gophs to finish above 12th - maybe well above 12th if things come together.

If Gophers finish in the single digits (9th or better), will consider it an over-achievement. One small goal I'm setting for 'em is to finish ahead of Northwestern, a trendy pick to make its first NCAA tourney appearance, ever. Wildcats appear on the way up, but still think they're a year away from the NCAA being realistic, especially with the pathetic non-conference schedule they have.

Top Bottom