What do we know about Brad Beal?

coolhandgopher

Reaction score
I pulled the first item off a public article on scout.com and the subsequent items are from a little more searching on the internet. It's the first I've heard his name, anyone know more about him?

Brad Beal, junior guard, uncommitted

Brad Beal already has enough material to write a pretty strong “How I Spent My Summer” essay. The captain of the U.S. 16-and-under gold medal winning team, Beal’s been to Argentina and faced unruly crowds. Amicable college coaches won’t intimidate this guy.

“It was an honor to be on the team,” Beal said of his USA experience. “It was real crazy in (Argentina). Fans were not like the fans at home. They were cheering for their home country. It got out of hand a little bit.”

Beal’s recruitment, or at least the attention he’s going to receive this month, is the only out of hand situation he’ll have to deal with. Kansas, Florida, Illinois, Purdue, Missouri, Minnesota, Indiana, Syracuse and Wake Forest have a shot.

“I’m always trying to impress somebody,” Beal said. “There are some people who don’t know what I can do. There’s going to be a lot of attention. I’m starting to come up as a prospect. More people are watching me more and more people know about me.”

Beal will be cognizant of the eyeballs directed at him but not because he’s star gazing. “I see them but I try to not see them. I try to block them out so I don’t start trying to do things that I’m not capable of doing. I try not to look at them.”

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recr...ncb/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=66909

http://suburbanjournals.stltoday.com/articles/2009/06/30/west/sports/0701web-beal2.txt

And from Marcus Fuller's May 10th, post-Sabes invitational blog:
This time, the St. Louis Eagles made the title game against Houston Hoops by avenging an earlier loss to Howard Pulley behind 21 points from sophomore guard Bradley Beal. Beal, who was probably the most valuable player of the tournament, led the Eagles to the championship Sunday.

Beal, who has offers from Kansas, Purdue, Illinois and Florida, was unstoppable in the open floor and has a nice touch from beyond the arc. The Gophers likely won't have a shot at him, but it wouldn't hurt to start recruiting him. Future Minnesota walk-on guard Bryant Allen played for the St. Louis Eagles last year.

Let's hope Beal and Bryant Allen are good buddies and Allen can be his unofficial recruiter to the "U".

Impressive offer list. Tough schools to compete with but I agree that we definitely should have a shot with him. Our performance this year and other recruits we get may have a big impact on whether we get him.
________
VAPORIZORS

I see no reason why we can't be in on this until the end

Other than the fact that Illinois and Kansas offered over a year ago and have been recruiting him very hard ever since? You can add Florida and Mizzou to that list as well. I will be very surpised if he chooses a school other than Illinois or Kansas.

Other than the fact that Illinois and Kansas offered over a year ago and have been recruiting him very hard ever since? You can add Florida and Mizzou to that list as well. I will be very surpised if he chooses a school other than Illinois or Kansas.

So that means we don't have a chance with him?
________
Cbr600Sjr

Often the first 2 or 3 schools out of his mouth are his favorites. That (presumably) is the case here.

I would agree that we have virtually no shot.

That said, he is awesome. Saw several of his games at the Sabes event and he's...well, awesome.

Top Bottom