Road Trips?

glovedgopher

Sec 210 row 23
Reaction score
Just wondering who's going where since tickets go on sale this Monday. I was going to get tickets to OSU but plans changed and it looks like Evanston for me and maybe Iowa.

Just wondering who's going where since tickets go on sale this Monday. I was going to get tickets to OSU but plans changed and it looks like Evanston for me and maybe Iowa.

Hopefully we'll see you boys in Evanston again GG. Sour, GopherD, Koreangopher and I will all be making the trip down again this year to stay with our friends in Chicago. We'll probably actually bring two car loads down this time since the youngest among us have finally turned 21 and can appreciate what Chicago has to offer that Friday and Saturday night. Will definitely have the Gopher table along for Flip Cup and Pong. Hopefully those Northwestern boys who made those cherries soak in everclear ("Baz Bombs" as they called them) will be hanging out again.

We may also head down to Iowa City, as Sour and GopherD are the spawn of Iowa fans and we could likely coax them into joining us for the trip down I-35.

Me and Mrs. GoGophersRah will be going to Iowa for the 3rd consecutive road trip to Iowa City.
I'd like to get to Northwestern, but don't know if I'll be able to fit it into the schedule.

Hopefully we'll see you boys in Evanston again GG. Sour, GopherD, Koreangopher and I will all be making the trip down again this year to stay with our friends in Chicago. We'll probably actually bring two car loads down this time since the youngest among us have finally turned 21 and can appreciate what Chicago has to offer that Friday and Saturday night. Will definitely have the Gopher table along for Flip Cup and Pong. Hopefully those Northwestern boys who made those cherries soak in everclear ("Baz Bombs" as they called them) will be hanging out again.

We may also head down to Iowa City, as Sour and GopherD are the spawn of Iowa fans and we could likely coax them into joining us for the trip down I-35.

So far we have 5 (sober boy, couldn't sneak my flask past NU security boy, his gf and Walters) going down to Evanston. Still trying to hammer out the details but I for one would love to meet up with your group.

Me and Mrs. GoGophersRah will be going to Iowa for the 3rd consecutive road trip to Iowa City.
I'd like to get to Northwestern, but don't know if I'll be able to fit it into the schedule.

Yeah, I'm going to have to fly back either Sat. night or Sunday morning to catch Farve take on the Niners on Sunday.

Mrs. Schnauzer and I are thinking about taking in our first ever away game this year. Probably either Northwestern or Ohio State. Two very constrasting experiences... everything from atmosphere to chances of victory. We will probably decide over the weekend.

I'll be buying tickets to the Northwestern game. Just happened to be down in Chicago that weekend for something and the 11am start time works perfect for us.

My Dad, wife and I are doing the 10 day road trip to Penn State and Ohio State. It should be great to see those two stadiums in back to back weeks with a little down time in Philly and some other places in between.

I'll be buying tickets to the Northwestern game. Just happened to be down in Chicago that weekend for something and the 11am start time works perfect for us.

I think that game is still TBA. My guess would be 11am. Dave Matthews playing that night in south burbs.

I'll be making my 4th trip to Iowa City and my 2nd to Evanston.

Mrs. Schnauzer and I are thinking about taking in our first ever away game this year. Probably either Northwestern or Ohio State. Two very constrasting experiences... everything from atmosphere to chances of victory. We will probably decide over the weekend.

Go to OSU, even if we lose you'll be glad you got the experience.

How are the fans down in Columbus?

They'll be fine to a Minnesota fan. Mainly because they're cocky as hell and don't think much of teams that aren't historically amazing. But you'll have a good time with them, as long as you're smart and not running off your mouth.

Planning on my 4th trip to Northwestern, 4th trip to Penn State and 3rd trip to Iowa.

Also just bought my plane tickets yesterday (thanks to Southwest Airlines for starting a fare war) to fly home for the Air Force, Michigan State and Illinois games. Still waiting to see how airfare changes before purchasing for the Cal, Wisconsin and Purdue games. Dropping a mad amount of cash this season on Gopher football, but wouldn't dare miss out on the first year back on campus.

They'll be fine to a Minnesota fan. Mainly because they're cocky as hell and don't think much of teams that aren't historically amazing. But you'll have a good time with them, as long as you're smart and not running off your mouth.

Avoid really drunk students and you should be ok.

I'd actually like to make a 2nd trip to Iowa City this year. Only this time I won't go to jail for being too drunk and I will make it in to the stadium. Just gotta convince some friends. Could be a heated game if we are still doing well at that time of year.

I'd actually like to make a 2nd trip to Iowa City this year. Only this time I won't go to jail for being too drunk and I will make it in to the stadium. Just gotta convince some friends. Could be a heated game if we are still doing well at that time of year.

I want to hear this story!

The last time I was in IC was for the '05 game. I sat through that entire debacle in the Iowa student section but rallied my spirits to set the record for longest keg stand at an Iowa house party on the way back to the tailgate lot.

Will be making my 1st trip to Evanston, 2nd trip to Happy Valley....and thinking about my 2nd trip to IC but am not sure yet.

After this year Michigan State will be the only school I have not visited.

4 of us will be making our first trip to Iowa City.

Thinking of OSU an Iowa. I have never tried to get away game tickets before, is it hard to get through on the phone lines? Do they go fast? Are tickets usually around $55? Thanks.

Thinking of OSU an Iowa. I have never tried to get away game tickets before, is it hard to get through on the phone lines? Do they go fast? Are tickets usually around $55? Thanks.

I called first thing the day away tickets went on sale last year and I was able to get 4 seats for the game @ Wisky with no problems and barely any wait.

I'll be in DC this fall, so definitely Happy Valley. Thinking about Syracuse, but since I'm coming back for the TCF opener the 12th, it might be a bit much to travel 2 weekends in a row.

No trip to IC this time after 4 consecutive treks to pig country. A week to Mexico over T-day week instead. Might motor down to Evanston if my son can break away from all his college homework, err I mean girls.

for me

Penn State, NW, Iowa.

Top Bottom