A group of NFL stars are working out at the Gopher practice facility

BleedGopher

Reaction score
I saw this tid-bit in the STrib Vikes blog:

Jerry Rice weighs in on Favre
July 8th, 2009 – 12:27 PM by Chip Scoggins

Judd and I had an opportunity this morning to watch Pro Bowl wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald and wide receiver great Jerry Rice work out with a group of NFL players at the Gophers football facility.

Fitzgerald has invited a number of NFL players to the Twin Cities to train, including Greg Jennings, Brandon Marshall, Michael Clayton, Antrel Rolle, Matt Spaeth and James Laurinaitis — all of whom were at Wednesday’s workout. Quarterbacks Tony Romo and Joe Flacco are expected to be here next week.

http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/

Hopefully some of the Gophers hang around and watch these guys work out...it also wouldn't be a bad idea to have some of the local recruits take an unofficial visit to Gibson, and have the coaches casually walk the guys around the facilities and act like it's no big deal to have Fitzgerald, a HOFer in Rice, Marshall and Romo using OUR facilities in their offseason.

Go Gophers!!

Wow that's an impressive list, especially if Romo shows up (or Favre ;)). Any idea why they are using the facilities up here?

per Kyle Theret's facebook, he (and I'm assuming more gopher players) got to go up against these pro bowlers and JR...so that's pretty sweet that our secondary gets a taste of what it will take to get into the League. Great experience for the guys.

Wow that's an impressive list, especially if Romo shows up (or Favre ;)). Any idea why they are using the facilities up here?

probably because fitz is from minneapolis and this is where he is spending his time this summer, so they need to come to him if they want to work with the best (fitz), even jerry rice! ;)

Yeah, I am guessing Fitz likes to be around home. Pretty sweet for the Gophers, not every day some washed-up reciever from Mississippi Valley State shows up to teach a thing or 2 about catching footballs....

Yeah, I am guessing Fitz likes to be around home. Pretty sweet for the Gophers, not every day some washed-up reciever from Mississippi Valley State shows up to teach a thing or 2 about catching footballs....

I saw a clip of this event on the local Twin Cities news last night -- pretty sweet deal, if you ask me. It looked like Theret was trying to defend Larry Fitz on an inside route, "trying" being the operative word!

This is awesome to hear......a small perk of the U being in a big city, and not in a small college town. I don't hear too many stories of NFL players working out in the off-season in Iowa City or Madison.

This is all good. I love the fact Spaeth is back. And Jerry Rice, are you kidding me? If the U did not get photos, maybe some video, to put in the recruiting vault then I miss my guess. Hopefully this is an on going thing, with other NFL players coming in to the practice facility. Its one thing to have NFL alumni come back, but this group speaks volumes about Coach Brewster's connections.

This is f8888ing great!

Plus, could you imagine a better place to work out in July than Minnesota. What pro wants to go bust his A$$ in the heat of the south if he doesn't have to. Still great to see these guys come to our neck of the woods to workout.

Haha...good pic by the trib of Fitz grabbing his business...

Top Bottom