was by the stadium today

Curseislifted33

Reaction score
and it looks pretty much done! what else is there left really??? 66 days yahooo

Outside: The waterfall isn't running yet, not all bike racks are in place, and the Tribal Display isn't finished.

I believe all construction was to be completed by mid July so we are only a couple weeks away from everything being done!

Didn't the band already move in? (4th of July weekend I think) And the football opperations get to move in I think next week. Anyone heard any different?

Didn't the band already move in? (4th of July weekend I think) And the football opperations get to move in I think next week. Anyone heard any different?

The band starts moving in on the 25th of July.

Outside: The waterfall isn't running yet, not all bike racks are in place, and the Tribal Display isn't finished.

I'm really excited to see these outdoor spaces when they are finished!

I wasn't even thinking about the landscaping as the stadium was being built...but the trees around the stadium are sweet. Do they have trees in Iowa City?

I take a tour of the stadium tomorrow and can't wait!

I drove by the stadium yesterday and the waterfall was running.

I feel like I've been following the construction of the stadium very closely but this is the first I've heard about a waterfall. Where is it? In the plaza area?

I feel like I've been following the construction of the stadium very closely but this is the first I've heard about a waterfall. Where is it? In the plaza area?

Yep. It is on the north side of the plaza area near Gate A (I've highlighted it in the attached image). The word is that the north side of the plaza will be planted with plants/trees that grow in northern MN while the south side of the plaza will do the same with southern plants/trees.

Attachments

• tcf_key features_waterfall.jpg
    tcf_key features_waterfall.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 124

Will the coaches' offices be moved to the stadium, or will they remain at Bierman?

They'll be in the stadium, or at least Brew's will. His office has ridiculous views (its in the same location as the President's suite only one level below).

I would like to see pictures of the elevators and what kind of walkway is behind the last row of the upperdeck.

I would like to see pictures of the elevators and what kind of walkway is behind the last row of the upperdeck.

I'm still looking for the pics of the elevators I've seen, but the pic below gives a sense of how the walkway will be. The walkway will be very open (though they've enclosed the areas with elevators I think). This will become the upper concourse if any additional seating is added.

UPDATE:
And as soon as I posted this I remembered where I have an elevator picture. Now attached. :)

Attachments

• tcf_walkway.jpg
    tcf_walkway.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 106
  • fb17.jpg
    fb17.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 63

Those seats up at the top are actually pretty solid. You are a ways away from the field but you have a ton of room in the 1-2 person benches. I didn't even know people would be sitting up there though.

Those seats up at the top are actually pretty solid. You are a ways away from the field but you have a ton of room in the 1-2 person benches. I didn't even know people would be sitting up there though.

It's all accessible seating. You had to call the ticket office to request it...it wasn't open for general selection. There will also be plenty of space for folks in wheelchairs as well.

By my count, there should be 6 elevators available. One elevator is for the suites and speciality seating. The other 5 elevators should be at each of the 5 gates (A-E). All elevators should go to the top of the second level. The elevators at the 5 gates should be useable by all ticketholders. Does this info seem correct?

By my count, there should be 6 elevators available. One elevator is for the suites and speciality seating. The other 5 elevators should be at each of the 5 gates (A-E). All elevators should go to the top of the second level. The elevators at the 5 gates should be useable by all ticketholders. Does this info seem correct?

There are 2 elevators in the premium lobby (according to the virtual tours). I thought I remembered hearing that there would be more then 5 elevators (my brain says 13), but I have no link to back that up. The FAQ says there are elevators at every entrance so if they only have 1 per entrance your # would be spot on.

Will people with seats other places be able to walk up on that top walkway? Will it be like an open air concourse that you can walk around on or will it only be accessible by those who have seats up there for wheelchairs, etc.? Anyone know?

Also..does anyone have a picture of what the waterfall looks like now that its running? I didn't realize there was going to be one on the plaza.

Will people with seats other places be able to walk up on that top walkway? Will it be like an open air concourse that you can walk around on or will it only be accessible by those who have seats up there for wheelchairs, etc.? Anyone know?

Anyone can use it. The caveat is that there is no upper concourse once you get to the premium sections as that concourse is separate b/c it accesses the Club Room.

Yep. It is on the north side of the plaza area near Gate A (I've highlighted it in the attached image). The word is that the north side of the plaza will be planted with plants/trees that grow in northern MN while the south side of the plaza will do the same with southern plants/trees.

well, since the stadium is ACTUALLY in southern minnesota how about they just plant trees that actually grow and thrive there?!?! ;)

There already is a second/ upper concourse in all

sections of the stadium other than the home side below the press/ premium areas.

That upper concourse is the area inside the large windows that run all the way around the rest of the stadium past the SE corner.

If they ever add a the rest of the seating there will probably be a third concourse of some sort, but most traffic will flow through the existing upper concourse.

I think there is a view of this concourse from the lower main concourse if you look up to the windows above and behind the concession counters.

sections of the stadium other than the home side below the press/ premium areas.

That upper concourse is the area inside the large windows that run all the way around the rest of the stadium past the SE corner.

If they ever add a the rest of the seating there will probably be a third concourse of some sort, but most traffic will flow through the existing upper concourse.

I think there is a view of this concourse from the lower main concourse if you look up to the windows above and behind the concession counters.

Is that where the true 2nd concourse is? It would answer the question of "what the heck is behind those 2nd level windows" that's been bugging me for a while. :)

Top Bottom