Tubby out recruiting in Cinci

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Tubby in Cincinnati
By Marcus Fuller on July 7, 2009

With the July recruiting period now here, Gophers coach Tubby Smith is on the road trying to watch some of his program's top targets for the 2010 and 2011 classes.

Smith was spotted in Cincinnati at the It Takes 5ive Classic on Monday along with other big-name coaches, including North Carolina's Roy Williams, Michigan State's Tom Izzo and Florida's Bill Donovan.

It seems Smith has his eyes on several prospects, including 6-foot-11 Christ School (N.C.) junior center Marshall Plumlee, 6-5 Northside High School (Tenn.) senior wing Casey Prather and Bishop Miege High School (Kansas)senior point guard Trevor Releford.

Plumlee's older brothers, Mason and Miles, are at Duke, but he told Buckeyegrove.com he was wide open. Ohio State, Indiana, Purdue, Butler, Notre Dame, Minnesota and Xavier were schools interested in him in attendance, according to the story.

"I'm open to anything and everythingm," he said in a recent article. "I am going to make a college decision based on what is best for me regardless of what my brothers did."

Go Gophers!!

I was told by someone on here that this was too obscure even for the hardcores on this board, but we'll see on this.

According to Louisville Courier-Journal columnist Rick Bozich, Tubby said that Saul will miss the first few days of the recruiting period after surgery on a tooth or several teeth (can't remember).

As someone who is dealing with some dental issues, I feel for him.

Is this too obscure?

I was told by someone on here that this was too obscure even for the hardcores on this board, but we'll see on this.

According to Louisville Courier-Journal columnist Rick Bozich, Tubby said that Saul will miss the first few days of the recruiting period after surgery on a tooth or several teeth (can't remember).

Is this too obscure?

It might be a good thing that Saul will miss a few days of recruiting. More Tubby, Vince, and Ron on the trail evaluating the talent.

Is this too obscure?

definitely a little creepy and TMI.

It might be a good thing that Saul will miss a few days of recruiting. More Tubby, Vince, and Ron on the trail evaluating the talent.

Saul recruited Devoe Joseph among others on the Gopher roster. He has a good eye for talent.

After a few crowns and my upper wisdom teeth being pulled within the last six months I can too.

Thank God for dual insurance. :)

Dental issues suck, but this hardly falls in the news catagory and fits better under the creepy stalker catagory. Very FOT like.

but this hardly falls in the news catagory and fits better under the creepy stalker catagory

It's like making the mistake of asking someone how they are and they tell you. Lol.

One of my favorites is getting the cold calling schmuck on the phone and they say " hello, - blank - how are you today ? " " well, fine I guess but if I could only get rid of this damn rash I got. Man, it's driving me nuts. I scratch and scratch and scratch, but it just won't go away. I've got to go to the doctor. Can you recommend anyone ? "

After a few crowns and my upper wisdom teeth being pulled within the last six months I can too.

Thank God for dual insurance. :)

I've had all that too and the pain to the wallet is far worse than the pain to the mouth. Let's see ... Gopher courtside season tickets or pay my dental bill.

Dental insurance? Are you a U.S. Senator or a GM worker?

Dental insurance? Are you a U.S. Senator or a GM worker?

Lol. Neither.

I must be lacking in the current state of benefits. Don't most people have some sort of dental option ?

Dental issues suck, but this hardly falls in the news catagory and fits better under the creepy stalker catagory. Very FOT like.
FOT like is nothing but Keeping-UK-People-out on this site. Thanks to FOT knowledge of basketball. It keeps people like “Truth” humble. He knows more about Gopher basketball than many of us. Are you one of the UK fans who found his way to this website to bash Smith’s family and friends?

Tubby said that Saul will miss the first few days of the recruiting period after surgery on a tooth or several teeth (can't remember).

Is this too obscure?

It's not too obscure if Saul had to have dental surgery because Harrison Barnes punched him. That wouldn't be a good thing at all.

It's not too obscure if Saul had to have dental surgery because Harrison Barnes punched him. That wouldn't be a good thing at all.

Are you still upset that Harrison Barnes will not go to UK??????????????

Hmmm. Critical of Saul Smith for no reason at all. Snide remark about me.

I smell a Kentucky fan.

Top Bottom