GopherHole: 1-on-1 with Rene Pulley, a MN basketball legend

Excellent article. Nice to know about the man that has brought us so much entertainment over the years and has helped so many young men. Thank you Rene Pulley!

In the article Rene mentions that Seantrel Henderson and Harrison Barnes are very good friends and will be for years to come. Maybe both of them attending the U together could strengthen that bond. A man can dream can't he?

I wonder if the #1 BBall and #1 Football prospect have ever gone to the same school? Talk about putting yourself on the map.

I don't like our chances for either, but as boston said, we can always dream...

I wonder if the #1 BBall and #1 Football prospect have ever gone to the same school? Talk about putting yourself on the map.

If they did, I'd look to Ohio State in 1958 (Jerry Lucas in basketball) or 2007 (Greg Oden in basketball) as possibilities.

Excellent article. Nice to know about the man that has brought us so much entertainment over the years and has helped so many young men. Thank you Rene Pulley!

I'll 2nd that! When you look at how many great players have gone through his program, it really is remarkable. I think many take this for granted, since it's in our backyard. To be able to watch NBA, college and top HS players 4 nights a week for free...that is such a treat! To be able to see kids like Harrison Barnes and other top recruits in the nation, in Bloomington at the Sabes tourney - is awesome.

Obviously, he's developed some outstanding players, but not every player can be a Kris Humphries...the fact that he's giving all of the other kids a passion for basketball, and enforces academics at the same time, is truly respectable.

Ronald Curry went to UNC so yea that's at least one time

Top Bottom