Q&A with Kip Smith - nice interview

BleedGopher

Reaction score
This is from PrepColorado.com - seems like a good kid:

Legacy kicker Kip Smith of Broomfiled, Colorado talks to PrepColorado about his Minnesota commit.

Earlier this week kicker Kip Smith of Legacy High School in Broomfield, Colorado opted to play his college ball at the University of Minnesota for Head Coach Tim Brewster. Once the dust settled, PrepColorado had some time to talk to Smith about his choice.

Kip, first off, congratulations on getting your Gopher offer and making the commit.

"Thank You."

What stood out about Minnesota?

"Well everything stood out. God just pointed me in that direction. There were just so many positives. The coaches are great guys and Coach Brew is really going to make Minnesota into a contender for a Big 10 title in the coming years. The academics were great, I am unsure about becoming a kinesiology major or an education major, but the two majors are in the same building so I am very excited. But overall, the new stadium TCF Bank Stadium really won me over. It is unbelievable! I have been to a lot of schools in the nation and TCF Bank is by far the nicest stadium I have ever seen."

What will be your role on the team your freshman year?

"They told me they would like to have me come in and compete right away with the other kickers."

Regarding your game as a kicker, what are you currently working on?

"I definitely think I still need to work on getting more leg strength and consistently kicking five yards deep with a 4.0 hang time."

You had other schools showing interest in you such as UCLA, Memphis and Kansas; although you have made your verbal will you continue to take trips and visits?

"I probably won't see any other schools. This year especially, kicker scholarships are limited so I am just blessed and really just want to focus on Minnesota."

Sum up what this means to you.

"I would really like to thank my family especially my parents, my coaches, and my relationship with Jesus Christ because without them none of this would be possible."

Congratulations to Kip, he is a great kid who will be a big part of Legacy’s success this upcoming season and hopefully part of Minnesota’s success in the near future.

http://minnesota.scout.com/a.z?s=176&p=2&c=876569

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom