TCF Bank Stadium Tour photos

Reaction score
Here is a link to a Facebook album of the photos I took during a tour yesterday: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/album.php?aid=188571&id=1448792566

I know some can't access FB at work, but if anyone wants to put some of these photos into a reply, have at it!

Some of the shots are just updated ones of those posted before, but I did try to include some of the landscaping work being done around the outside.

This was a quick tour and I wasn't able to get into the stadium concourse (hard hat area and no hard hats available) and the area around the main scoreboard because there were a lot of workers in that area. I must apologize, because the camera I used is need of a good cleaning, but I think it did a good enough job.

Enjoy!

I took my stadium tour companion to the Hall of Traditions in the Gibson-Nagurski Building (I hope I got that right) about an hour before the tour started to soak up some of the history of the program to try and get a better appreciation of the new stadium.

I highly recommend it!

Again, if you don't have a facebook account, you can login with this generic one I set up:

Email: [email protected]
Password: skiumah

I really like the maroon padding behind the endzones, if they covered the sideline concrete in similar (non-padded probably) material it would really enhance the look. I love the black gates with the block Ms on them and the plaza looks fantastic!

Does anybody know what that hole in the ground across University is? (photo 56). It's being lined with some rocks, and construction was started on that block about the same time as the stadium. Just curious.

Good photos. Thanks

Does anybody know what that hole in the ground across University is? (photo 56). It's being lined with some rocks, and construction was started on that block about the same time as the stadium. Just curious.

Good photos. Thanks

I believe it is a holding pond for runoff water from the stadium as a part of the drainage system. It's part of a system that takes runoff through a series of natural filters and winds up in the Mississippi River after a while.

http://www.alumni.umn.edu/Stadium_Update3.html

random plaza area question for anyone who might know

i would assume they are going to put up some kind of short, black wrought-iron fencing around all of those tree beds in the plaza area to keep people from walking through them correct? otherwise i can see all of those beds getting "trampled to death" pretty quickly within a year or two and all of the plantings would be a real waste.

I don't envision any sort of iron fences around the plaza trees. They also have planted some sort of plants in the beds. I don't think it would be any problem with people potentially trampling them. It isn't like the majority of the stadium will be using the plaza. Only the people that have seats there will use it....and possibly some pregame functions.

Any chance someone can post the pics on here for those of us who don't have access to facebook at work? I'd really appreciate it, thanks.

I have to admit that the fencing/gates at the open end look prety damn sharp! I'm assuming it's mainly for exiting purposes.

LET'S PLAY SOCCER !!

Just kidding.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the stadium is covered when it is on TV this fall. These were the first pictures I have seen since they added the end zone safety cushions. Those cushions are a reminder of how sharp it would look if they could find the budget to make that entire wall the same brick as the exterior.

Awesome pics....the gold in the endzone looks better to me.

Depending on the lighting or camera....the gold in the endzone looks better.

Not as big of a gap on the shade than it first appeared.

The maroon in the endzone looks just fine. Not red....that is what I cared about. I never liked that shade of maroon.

I prefer the maroon we have now which is the same shade as it was in the 60's.

Go Gophers!

GM

Trees

Does anyone know how big those trees will grow? I didn't know there would be trees inside the gates, under the scoreboard.
We drove by last weekend. Awesome. More parking than I thought they would have. Still not enough.

I don't envision any sort of iron fences around the plaza trees. They also have planted some sort of plants in the beds. I don't think it would be any problem with people potentially trampling them. It isn't like the majority of the stadium will be using the plaza. Only the people that have seats there will use it....and possibly some pregame functions.

you seem to forget that portions of the plaza space are completely open to anyone who is just walking down that street whether it is football season or not. i guess my question was related to the fact that the plaza area is going to see a lot more foot traffic (some perhaps not so good who might have bad intentions) than just on game days.

i think "the space" would look better asthetically with some short black fencing (that matches the large stadium gates) around the base of the tree beds. they should really look into it.

LET'S PLAY SOCCER !!

Just kidding.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the stadium is covered when it is on TV this fall. These were the first pictures I have seen since they added the end zone safety cushions. Those cushions are a reminder of how sharp it would look if they could find the budget to make that entire wall the same brick as the exterior.

exactly! i really hope they can find the additional funds (sooner rather than later) to add a brick facade all the way around the field wall. it would look a thousand times better.

Just awesome!

Thanks for the pix!!!!! I have yet to see a photo from the top of the visitors' sideline seats. I just hope that the little podium above the "E" is not in the way of my view of the scoreboard. Even so, i don't think it really matters. It's just gonna rock no matter what. :party:

I do agree with all other posts that the sideline walls should be brick. But beggers can't be choosers, right? It's better than Metrodump blue.

Thanks for the pix!!!!! I have yet to see a photo from the top of the visitors' sideline seats. I just hope that the little podium above the "E" is not in the way of my view of the scoreboard. Even so, i don't think it really matters. It's just gonna rock no matter what. :party:

I do agree with all other posts that the sideline walls should be brick. But beggers can't be choosers, right? It's better than Metrodump blue.

true, but i don't think i would call the gopher athletic dept "beggers" in regards to the new stadium. the absolute need for an on-campus football stadium was evident 20 years ago and the interested parties just took their sweet-ass time getting it done.

but i don't think i would call the gopher athletic dept "beggers" in regards to the new stadium. the absolute need for an on-campus football stadium was evident 20 years ago and the interested parties just took their sweet-ass time getting it done.

Agreed. I don't blame the U's AD at all. the begger(s) is me. I, like a lot of people, wanted this stadium for a long time. It's just an expression I use. Believe me. I love the stadium. For it's size, it's probably one of the top in the Big Ten. Now, fans have to embrace the team and the program (whether Brewster's running it or not) and build an atmosphere that rivals the top tier of the Big Ten (Michigan, Penn State, Ohio State).

fans in plaza question

great pics

Other stadiums must have this issue. Can fans that don't have tickets be right up against the fence and watch/be involved in the game. is it possible that opposing fans can get their early and fill up the plaza area and stay there the entire game or is this area kind of cleared out for safety etc? I wonder how long before some cheesehead climbs into one of the trees to watch the game

great pics

Other stadiums must have this issue. Can fans that don't have tickets be right up against the fence and watch/be involved in the game. is it possible that opposing fans can get their early and fill up the plaza area and stay there the entire game or is this area kind of cleared out for safety etc? I wonder how long before some cheesehead climbs into one of the trees to watch the game

the minute any hogeye or becky fan attempts any shady shit on our sacred stadium grounds is the same minute the fist-a-cuffs comeout. and i would expect the same from all of you. this is going to be OUR house once again and all those punk ass, little bitches need to know that from day one! ;)

Top Bottom