GOPHERS IN THE HOWARD PULLEY PRO AM

stevenmgr

Reaction score
I have been over to watch the Howard Pulley Pro Am every night so far. The only night that I have missed was because of the NBA Draft. I thought that Tuesday’s night’s game were some of the better games that were played. Here are just some random thoughts of mine of what I got from the games so far.

Here were some of my thoughts on the Gophers in recent games. Minnesota Gopher Al King Nolen Jr came to play. He did a good job running an offense. He got his team in to the offense that he wanted them in.

<O:pColton Iverson was all over the court playing good aggressive defense. He played with his hand up in the air and he knew where his teammates were. <O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p

Paul Carter made some nice moves around the basket. He took it strong to the basket looking to score when he was wide open. He wasn’t afraid to make shots in traffic.
Justin Cobb looked well in the game. He had a nice jump shot that was a mid range shot that he was able to make. <O:p</O:p

Paul Carter came down with a monster dunk with under a minute to play to tie the game up. He really has looked impressive in the game I thought.
These are just a sample of what I thought so far regarding the Gophers play in the Pro Am this year. I do think that this a good league for the Gophers to play in because it gives them a chance to play an up and down tempo style of play.
It is a very fun for me as a basketball sports fan to go over and watch these games.

Sid Hartman just got done raving about Justin Cobb on his radio show this morning. After seeing him play at HP, Sid said Cobb will have a big impact as a point guard for the Gophers and they could win the Big Ten -- he is that good.

>>He played with his hand up in the air and he knew where his teammates were.<< can you please expand upon this.

Sid Hartman just got done raving about Justin Cobb on his radio show this morning. After seeing him play at HP, Sid said Cobb will have a big impact as a point guard for the Gophers and they could win the Big Ten -- he is that good.

Ha, Sid's never one for the understatement, is he? I'd be happy with a third place Big ten finish, considering that MSU and Purdue are two of the consensus top 6 teams in the nation, and MSU may very well be returning the most talent of anyone in the country.

As for Cobbs, if he provides 10-15 minutes of quality backup play at PG this season, that would be great. True there's the occasional freshman PG that leads their team to greatness, but those are one-and-done type guys like Rose, Kenny Anderson, etc.

Top Bottom