Gray at the basketball game today

GopherLady

Reaction score
To my surprise, I ran into MarQueis Gray at halftime of the Cornell-Gopher game. He was just up here visiting for the weekend, and took in a game. I thought that was really cool that he came out to support the team.

I don't know why, but I really like it when Gopher athletes support other Gopher teams and go to their games. During the UVA game, there was a bunch of football players in section 112, including guys like Willie and Decker, that was nice to see.

I wonder if Brew ever comes to the games? I've seen other teams football coaches at BB games today (including Mangino and Rodriguez)

To my surprise, I ran into MarQueis Gray at halftime of the Cornell-Gopher game. He was just up here visiting for the weekend, and took in a game. I thought that was really cool that he came out to support the team.

I don't know why, but I really like it when Gopher athletes support other Gopher teams and go to their games. During the UVA game, there was a bunch of football players in section 112, including guys like Willie and Decker, that was nice to see.

Didn't he say that he could start practicing with the team for the bowl but he couldn't play in the bowl game? I think they start bowl practice next Wednesday so I would think he would have been moving up here. Is he not going to be able to practice with the team for the bowl?

Didn't he say that he could start practicing with the team for the bowl but he couldn't play in the bowl game? I think they start bowl practice next Wednesday so I would think he would have been moving up here. Is he not going to be able to practice with the team for the bowl?

He did say that, but I don't think he knew the logistics 100%. I believe the final word I heard was that he could start practicing in the Spring. He specifically did tell me that he had not moved up here (I asked him) and that he was just visiting. It appears that he really loves Minnesota!

MinnMarch - I remember seeing Brewster at one game last year, I want to say it was the WI game...but it's not like I would notice everyone at every game, he could have come to more.

He did say that, but I don't think he knew the logistics 100%. I believe the final word I heard was that he could start practicing in the Spring. He specifically did tell me that he had not moved up here (I asked him) and that he was just visiting. It appears that he really loves Minnesota!

MinnMarch - I remember seeing Brewster at one game last year, I want to say it was the WI game...but it's not like I would notice everyone at every game, he could have come to more.

I think Brewster understands our hatred for Wisconsin and the rivalry is really growing on him. I have to respect that.

I really can't speak on how often star Minnesota athletes do this but it sound like quite often. Thats a really good thing. I know at Purdue volleyball matchs I see a handful of football players everygame, a few womens basketball player, and about 3-5 mens basketball players. Last night Matt Painter showed up at the match. I think it's a great thing that the athletes support each other. I would hope Gophers do the same thing.

Top Bottom